Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/12 21:49
I left Toyoko Inn in Tokyo and told them I would return next day as I have a reservation there then. But due to circumstances I might not be able to return to Tokyo tomorrow.

What will they do about my luggage? How to contact them saying I probably will not return until the day after? Calling might be hard to explain so they do not misunderstand.

I have pre paid the reservation so they ought to know I will return eventually

On the receipt it says return for check in tomorrow.
by Gonna (guest)  

Re: Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/13 08:37
Try calling them first. You might get lucky and an English-speaking staff may be there.
You don't want them to cancel your reservation if you are arriving one day later.
by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/13 08:58
If I cancel the reservation and there is a reservation for the next day, you mean they might cancel the next day even if today is cancelled by myself?
by Gonna (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/13 09:36
Yes they will probably cancel the whole reservation if you don't show up the first day.

So best to call them as suggested. No more wasting keystrokes here.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/13 10:06
Usual terms for a no-show vary from charging one day through to cancelling the reservation and charging the full stay. As you mention, your booking is pre-paid. Call or write to them direct.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/13 12:35
If no one can assist you, make your phone call, and if they don't speak your language, say,

"Sui-yo-bi ni modori-masu." (I will return on Wednesday.)
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed return to Toyoko Inn, email? 2024/2/13 13:00
Have tried to aquire a phone during the day but with bad results, tbh the reservation is cancelable until early evening for Toyoko Inn, not that I want to abuse it though.

The reservation is made in several different bookings, one each day, so I find it hard they might cancel all days. Noticed they had written 2/12 in the note, and c/I. Thought they noted the c/i date.
by Gonna (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread