Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Full Toyama Bay Tour 2024/2/15 19:51
Hello everyone,

I am planning my trip to Japan in early April. Since I have a day open in Kanazawa, I am considering doing the Toyama Bay bike tour. I've read that there are multiple viable bike tours along the coast, totaling around 110 km. Does anyone have experience with this tour or with services around where I can rent a bicycle, for example in Himi, and ride all the way up to Tomari and then return by train depositing the bike at the destination? From what I have seen, I need to return them at the place where I've rented them.

If someone has experience with this, I would love to hear what the best part is.

Are there any alternatives around Kanazawa/Toyama? For the Alpine Route and the Kurobe Gorge, I am too early, and Shirakawa-go is already in my itinerary.
by BaKe19  

Re: Full Toyama Bay Tour 2024/2/16 13:41
Do you know what's happening to this area now?
There was a huge earthquake around there on January 1st.
I recommend to check website regarding Noto Peninsula Eathquake of 2024.
by Kakuhiro rate this post as useful

Re: Full Toyama Bay Tour 2024/2/16 13:50
@PP the OP isnt planing to go to Noto peninsula but Toyama bay. There is no (major) problem with the earthquake distractions.

Regarding cycling in that area, I remeber there was a post on JG (maybe by Raina Ong) about cycling in that region a few years ago. It may have good advice. I have only cycled from Naoetsu to Omi in that general area and did like the bicycle path I found there by chance
http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/2017/10/day-26-naoetsu-through-...

Regarding retuning your bike except on a few exceptional trains you cannot bring a bicycle with you UNLESS it is in a bag. So likely youfd need to do a round trip ride. Which I think is what Raina did in her story I mentioned above.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Full Toyama Bay Tour 2024/2/16 15:20
Fortunately, the earthquake did not cause much damage in Toyama, and virtually all the roads and trains in the area reopened within 1-2 days (the Himi Line required 5 days). However, if tourists were to avoid Toyama now, that would have a negative effect on many people in the region.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Full Toyama Bay Tour 2024/2/16 16:26
Himi is my favourite small town, lovely place. We rented e-bikes from station for day. I think it was tourist info rent place, so we had to return bikes at 17 (what was ok for us). But you can ask, maybe is possible to rent for longer time. Bikes were very good, and also cheap compared to many other places.
by girlwithpearl (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread