Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/12 22:20
Hello,

I have to be at Haneda at about 7PM. I was planning to take the Asakusa-Keikyu line (Haneda Express) from Mita Station.

Shall I be worried about evening rush hour on this line on the way back to the airport?

Another option is the Monorail but in that case I would need to get to Yamanote line from Tamachi first and take it from Hamamatsucho station.

Thanks
by Ray (guest)  

Re: From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/13 00:46
Yes, you're right on rush hour. But the direct Haneda Express trains are your best option, and train times won't be affected by rush hour.

If you have a lot of luggage or just want to avoid a lot of people bumping into you, you can take a taxi to a Limousine Bus station such as T-CAT. Both taxis and Limousine Buses are stress-free in terms of crowd. The Limousine Buses are good at navigating rush hours, but be sure your taxi departs early enough.

Or, of course, you can leave by train before 5pm and enjoy your dinner at the airport.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/13 09:06
Worry if you want, but just get the train. If it is crowded, then it will be crowded. There will be plenty of other people with luggage heading to the airport. I get that all the time (was at Haneda twice and once to Narita in the past week). Locals travel with huge cases on the local trains just like international tourists.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/13 11:04
It wonft be that crowded that you canft get on. If you are a bigger group divide in a few subgroups of 2-3 people max across several doors.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/13 13:08

A few years ago, I took the 18:00 train from Shinagawa station to Haneda airport,  and did not find any issue. By the way,  Asakusa-Keikyu line runs every few minutes, so you should not have any problem.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/13 17:06
Thanks for the replies. I think I will be OK with the train.
by Ray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: From Tokyo to Haneda during evening rush hour 2024/3/13 19:16
Consider a taxi if you're worried or stressed about it. Asakusa-Haneda in peak hour is about 35mins and \11,000 - BUT always allow an extra time buffer. The taxi drivers I've had always make a 'diversion' route over the Tokyo Gate Bridge to miss a lot of traffic.
by Stewy63 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread