Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/13 07:48
We will stay three days in Tokyo and three and half days in Kyoto

Day 1. Tour around Tokyo and exploring night life
Day 2. We wanted to take a day trip; Mt Fuji and Hakone 1-Day Bus Tour Return by Bullet Train
Day 3. We would like to try Onsen, and the rest of the day to enjoy Ginza and Shibuja area and Shibuja Sky
Day 4. Tokyo to Kyoto, exploring Kyoto
Day 5. Kyoto tour
Day 6 Nara
Day 7 morning in Kyoto and departure from Osaka airport

I'm wondering is it Day trip to Mt.Fuji and Hakone too much?
Also I'm not sure if day trip to Nara is good idea?

Thank you!
by rose 10  

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 05:54
I don't know where you mean by "Mt Fuji", because it can be seen from lots of places, including Tokyo on a very clear day. On a cloudy day, you cannot even see it from Fuji Five Lakes area.

I suggest you concentrate on Hakone and view Mt Fuji (if weather permits) from the south shores of Lake Ashinoko, which is a part of Hakone.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5201.html

by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 06:57
Very fast paced, but you only have 7 days. So unless you are willing to only go to Kyoto or only Tokyo itfs what it is.
Regarding Hakone and Fuji, if with Fuji you mean Kawaguchiko that would be a lot of time on a bus. Ifd guess there are some bus tours that offer both on the same day, but youfll be mostly in the bus and then let out at a few highlights for a few minutes to take pictures before continuing.

You speak about onsen. The best place to do that would be Hakone. But you need time (in my experience about 1,5 h in the onsen is a good time.
If you want to do it in Tokyo I could suggest these two:

https://www.sakura-2005.com/

https://www.yumorinosato.com/

There are many others but these two are probably the more atmospheric ones

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 11:38
Many thanks for all your responses and suggestions.

Would you suggest to skip a day trip to Hakone, and instead enjoy Tokyo due to tight schedule?

by rose 10 rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 12:23
That's a poor itinerary. With just 7 days. Just do Kyoto or Tokyo, with side trips.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 18:53
Thank you for your reply.

Please, do you have some suggestions regarding the itinerary.
For a first day in Tokyo we booked 8 hours private tour...and also Shibuya Sky for next day...

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 19:08
It all depends on your personal interests. I met someone who only visited Japan once, for two weeks, stayed in Kansai the whole time (didn't visit Tokyo) and was perfectly happy with her trip.

If you just want to have an overview of Japan, your itinerary is ok. I would move Hakone to day 3, sleep there an enjoy an onsen, and go to Kyoto instead of backtracking to Tokyo. So that leaves you with one full day in Tokyo (day 2).
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/14 23:51
Thank you for your suggestion!

I was thinking about sleeping in Hakome, but as I wasn't sure if that would be too much for a just 7 days in Japan, so I booked Tokyo 4 nights(arriving late at night) and 3 nights in Kyoto, departing from Osaka airport...

I know it's a pity we can't stay longer in Japan, I would love to....So I'm trying to use time wisely, too see interesting places but definitly I would like to avoid rushing...

Im thinking to do Hakone trip without taking a tour ,as we are not interested in lake cruise, we can rather walk and save time. Is this wise idea?
Or taking a tour ( by Bus and back by Bullet train)would be a better option?

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/19 08:31
Thank you for your suggestion!

I was thinking about sleeping in Hakome, but as I wasn't sure if that would be too much for a just 7 days in Japan, so I booked Tokyo 4 nights(arriving late at night) and 3 nights in Kyoto, departing from Osaka airport...

I know it's a pity we can't stay longer in Japan, I would love to....So I'm trying to use time wisely, too see interesting places but definitly I would like to avoid rushing...

Im thinking to do Hakone trip without taking a tour ,as we are not interested in lake cruise, we can rather walk and save time. Is this wise idea?
Or taking a tour ( by Bus and back by Bullet train)would be a better option?

Re: 7 days itinerary suggestions appreciated 2024/3/19 08:31
Thank you for your reply.

Please, do you have some suggestions regarding the itinerary.
For a first day in Tokyo we booked 8 hours private tour...and also Shibuya Sky for next day...

reply to this thread