Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

5-day JR East Pass (Tohoku area) 2024/3/17 06:54
Aloha,
I am going to visit the Tohoku area to see the cherry blossoms in April for 5 days. My trip starts from Sendai Airport station and ends in Matsumoto station. The major stations I am going to visit are Kitakami station, Morioka station, Kakunodate Station, Aomori station, Oirase Gorge, Nagano station and Matsumoto station. I am struggling to figure out if the JR Tohoku area pass covers Nagano station and Matsumoto station? After visiting the Tohoku area, I am going to visit Kamikochi, so the Matsumoto station will be the closest station to Kamikochi (going to take ALPICO bus).

Thank you for your help
Lucy
by lucytrip  

Re: 5-day JR East Pass (Tohoku area) 2024/3/17 08:37
The pass doesn't cover Nagano and Matsumoto (these are not in Tohoku). However, you can get as far as Kofu with the pass, from where it's a direct limited express train to Matsumoto. It takes just over an hour.
by jth_travel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 5-day JR East Pass (Tohoku area) 2024/3/17 10:00
Thank you
by lucytrip rate this post as useful

Re: 5-day JR East Pass (Tohoku area) 2024/3/18 07:44
As an observation, you have eight places in five days. With the train travel and actual sightseeing, that is pretty rushed. When you say Aomori - are you planning on Hirosaki for their cherry festival?
Also as a footnote, I did enjoy the cherry festival at Kitakami and the historic village.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 5-day JR East Pass (Tohoku area) 2024/3/19 08:08
I am planning on Hirosaki for their cherry festival. I haven't been to the Tohoku area yet. Thank you for your reply.
by lucytrip rate this post as useful

reply to this thread