Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Questions about Nagano / Getting Around 2024/3/18 00:19
Hi Everyone,

Hope some people can help me sort out this itinerary my partner and I are trying to put together. We're planning on flying to Tokyo on April 27 and take a train straight to Nagano. We'd like to spend a couple days there before doing a Kamikochi hike (Yarigatake is what we're leaning towards). After that hike, we'd like to spend a night at a Ryokan before going to Osaka.

So here are a few questions:

Where is the best area to stay around Nagano for a couple of nights? I see lots of cool areas, but ideally we'd stay somewhere that is convenient to get to after taking the train from the airport the day we arrive in Tokyo.

Where would you recommend hiking in the Negano area that is: a) easy enough to get to, b) not too difficult and c) open at the beginning of May. Preferably somewhere that is close enough to (1) or easy to get to Osaka (3) after.

What's the best way to get from the area we're staying in / hiking to Osaka after?

I know these are specific questions but it's difficult to find many resources online. ANY help would be appreciated!

N
by naderq  

reply to this thread