Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Long tem visa holder leaving Japan 2024/3/19 04:50
I am currently employed here in Japan and a long-term resident visa holder. My current residence card is still good until February 2027. I am planning to quit my job and leave Japan for some personal reasons but I still want to return afterwards (within a year). My guarantor and I went to our City hall to get my name removed from resident record (Juminhyo). After quitting my job, my pension and health insurance will also be cut.

Question is, since i no longer have home address, will my visa/residence card be revoked as well? Will I be able to go back to Japan within one year upon leaving? I am a Philippine passport holder and we don't get automatic tourist visas.

Thank you in advance!
by Ayaka Aguas (guest)  

Re: Long tem visa holder leaving Japan 2024/3/19 13:03
When you say glong term visah do you mean THIS visa?
https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/long/visa12.html

Or a more normal work visa for which you got several years?

If a normal work visa tge fact that your residence card only expires in a few years doesnt mean anything. Once you quit your job you have from a visa point of view quit the reason you NEED to be in Japan. Youfll get a few months in Japan to get a new job but if you donft or if you leave Japan, then that residence status is no longer valid. The idea is that that residence status is the permit to work in a certain field. If you donft then you donft need to be in Japan and the residence is invalid.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Long tem visa holder leaving Japan 2024/3/19 20:13
"After quitting my job, my pension and health insurance will also be cut."
it is incorrect.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Long tem visa holder leaving Japan 2024/5/2 08:18
If you quit your job, you have to inform Immigration Office that you quit your job. Then, they will ask you whether you are looking for a job, if not then you have to leave Japan with revoking your residence permission. But, if you are looking for a job, then they will give you 3 months (I believe itfs still same) to find a new job. Sometimes they ask to prove that you are having interviews with the companies.
If you want to get back to your home country, revoke your residence permission while you are leaving Japan and apply for CoE again when you are planning to come back. Otherwise, you will be considered as illegal.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread