Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Waseda neighbourhood 2024/3/19 22:50
Hello everybody,
I haven't been to Tokyo for a very, very long time and I am not so sure now about where it is convenient to stay for visiting Tokyo especially than in the past I was always staying with friends. I found a flat close to Waseda station for about 6 days in April and I wonder if it is a good choice or convenient to go around as I plan to show my daughter around Tokyo. I must say I don't think I even went there in the past.
So I'll be glad to know what you think of this neighbourhood.
by Mariemanyi (guest)  

Re: Waseda neighbourhood 2024/3/20 06:39
I Love waseda
From Tokyo to waseda=180 yen ,6 km,12 min
Waseda is known for great prestigious u in jp
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda neighbourhood 2024/3/20 07:23
Tourists would normally judge a location in Tokyo by these (and other) factors:
-How many different train/subway lines are around?
-Do they go to places I want to visit?
- Hiw lively is the neighborhood (and do I want lively or not)?
- are there many dinner options in the neighborhood ?
- how homey does it feel?
- price of accommodation
- is the neighborhood in itself an attraction to me?

For Waseda I would say transportation wise itfs not the best place to be. While for ambience it is a nice neighborhood. And specially if you walk to Kagurazaka you have a lot of dinner options.

Waseda isnft the first choice for most tourists but that doesnft mean thatfs a bad choice.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda neighbourhood 2024/3/20 11:09
As mentioned, Waseda has always been known to accommodate students of Waseda University, so young girls would be safe and sound there with hopefully reasonably priced food. Whether it's convenient of not all depends on where your daughter wants to go.

But from Waseda Station, you can take a train straight to Kagurazaka, where most girls and women would love to stroll through the lovely combination of French and Geisha cultures, or the central Kudanshita, Takebashi, Otemachi area, the classy yet trendy Nihonbashi Station area, the old town of Monzen-nakacho Station area, and the Nakano Station anime & manga area.

You only need to change trains once to go to the popular teenage spots like Shinjuku, Shibuya and Harajuku. It's also very accessible to the suburban Kichijoji Station where a lot of tourists tend to underestimate.

I hope you have fun!
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Waseda neighbourhood 2024/3/21 02:03
Thanks a lot to the three of you for answering to my question and for your advices. In fact, it was really the conveniency of transportation and the livelihood of the place that I was wondering about. My daughter is in her late twenties and a travel addicted too but she doesn't speak or read Japanese and has never been to Japan. That's why we are looking for a lively place with nice restaurants around but not too touristy and from where we can go to most of the spots without too much hassle.

Un grand merci!
by Mariemanyi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread