Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kyoto to Kawaguchiko connection time 2024/3/23 03:16
Hi there. I will be travelling from Kyoto Station to Mishima Station via Shinkansen, then take the Mishima-Kawaguchiko Liner bus from Mishima to Kawaguchiko, late next month (April). For anyone that has taken this journey, I'd love your insight/thoughts about connection time from getting off the train at Mishima Station to boarding the Liner bus.

We will be taking the 1:20pm Mishima-Kawaguchiko Liner bus from Mishima.

We have two options for the Shinkansen from Kyoto to Mishima: either take the Hikari train from Kyoto at 10:08am and arrive Mishima at 11:57am; or take the Kodama from Kyoto at 10:10am and arrive Mishima at 12:49pm.

If we arrive at Mishima at 12:49pm, will 30 minutes be enough time to transfer from the train at Mishima and head to the bus stop/platform where you board the Liner bus? Or should we err on the side of caution and arrive Mishima earlier at 11:57am, leaving us with an hour and 20 minutes buffer in case the train is delayed. Though, I imagine train delays in Japan are rare unless it's an emergency?

I will be travelling with my (elderly) parents. They are able to fully walk etc. on their own, they just can't walk or run fast if they need to rush. And we'll only be with our carry-ons so no large luggage etc.
by WTraveller (guest)  

Re: Kyoto to Kawaguchiko connection time 2024/3/23 06:53
Although I think 30 minutes would be enough time to transfers. 11:57 seems like a perfect time for lunch.

The the earlier train, have lunch, no worries about transfer time/s.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Kawaguchiko connection time 2024/3/23 07:41
Thank you and good point!
by WTraveller (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread