Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Is 216,000 yen enough for 3 weeks? 2024/3/24 09:16
Hello I have been to japan once before however I do not remember how much money I took nor how much I spent.
I am going again next week and I have 216000 yen. My flight, Hotel and my JR pass have already been payed for.
I was wondering if this would be enough or should I obtain additional yen? I will be taking my AMEX which has no set spending limit and another credit card that has no foreign transaction fees which has a limit of 15000 USD.
Thank you for your consideration and I hope to hear from you all. Have a great day!
by Johnathan (guest)  

Re: Is 216,000 yen enough for 3 weeks? 2024/3/24 14:05
Way more than enough for most, maybe not enough for some. If your accommodations and main transport has been taken care of, that leaves food, admissions fees, and souvenirs, etc. You can eat decently at many places for about 1000 yen without the booze. More if you want to really splurge. It's looks way more than adequate for me. But you know yourself best.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Is 216,000 yen enough for 3 weeks? 2024/3/24 15:38
10K yens per day.
It could be enough, but you did not say where in Japan you are going, or what your spending habits are like when your are on vacation.
by Mellye rate this post as useful

Re: Is 216,000 yen enough for 3 weeks? 2024/3/24 19:27
To pay for things in Japan, I use a combination of cash yen that I bring with me, credit card, and cash ATM withdrawals using a debit card (most definitely not a credit card). But you probably have enough cash already. If you donft want to take a lot home with you, you can start spending it down, and then if it seems to be going too fast, use the credit card for purchases that arenft very small. Most stores and most medium- to high-end restaurants will take a credit card.

I actually donft use cash very much to pay for things in Japan because itfs easier to pay with an IC card. So I use cash to keep my IC card charged up (you cannot do this with a credit card), and use the credit card, or sometimes cash, for larger purchases (if you use the IC card for those, you have to keep recharging it all the time). Note that there are still some stores and restaurants that donft accept IC cards, but a very large number of them do.

Cash withdrawals from an ATM using a debit card are easy and the fee charged at 7-11 or postal ATMs is quite small (I think itfs 220 yen at a postal ATM but note that some other ATMs charge more), but of course you would have to check with your card company to see if they have fees. I have none from mine, and no foreign transaction fee.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread