Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Tateyama alpine route tickets availability 2024/3/24 11:02
Wefve booked a car transfer from Ogizawa to Tateyama for the first day Tateyama alpine route opens April 15th (Monday) but missed out on web tickets. We are still quite keen so thinking of chancing it and turning up at the station to buy on-the-day-tickets. Our concern is that we wonft get there until around 10am and wefre a family of 5.
Q1) Does anyone know how busy it is from Ogizawa > Tateyama
Q2) What is the availability for on-the-day tickets like?
Q3) Would it help if we turn up to Nagano station 2 days before, to see if we can get the tickets there?
Many thanks.
by Sylvia J (guest)  

Re: Tateyama alpine route tickets availability 2024/3/24 14:02
The website lists where you can buy the tickets, if itfs not listed you wonft be able to buy it.

The whole alpine route takes at least 6-7h. I donft know how busy it will be on the day but 10 seems late even for pre booked tickets. If itfs very busy you might have to wait or you wonft be able to board at all. (I feel like weekday April should be ok, but no guarantee of course)
by AllThePeaks rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama alpine route tickets availability 2024/3/24 15:11
Q1) Does anyone know how busy it is from Ogizawa > Tateyama

It will depend on the weather forecast. But the fact that it is a regular Monday will reduce the crowds somewhat.

Q2) What is the availability for on-the-day tickets like?

I am not sure, But considering that all the online reservations for most of April are already full and many Japanese travelers are un-digitalized, I expect that a large capacity of buses will be reserved for same-day ticket holders.

Q3) Would it help if we turn up to Nagano station 2 days before, to see if we can get the tickets there?

No. The tickets are not sold at Nagano Station. Only at Ogizawa.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama alpine route tickets availability 2024/3/24 15:27
Think ticket from ozigawa side is still available from the official website . I just checked 3 hours ago . U might wanna check and see .
by Doreen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama alpine route tickets availability 2024/3/24 18:45
They are all sold out on the web for April 15, 16 and 20.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama alpine route tickets availability 2024/3/27 19:36
UPDATE - wefve found and booked tickets but only for 130pm. Which only allows us to stay longer/miss 1 stop before the last connection back. My worry now is being stranded in the mountainsc

If we limit our time spend at each stop and prioritise getting to each stops on time, what are our chances of making it to the end by the last connection? Has anyone seen people miss their connection just because there were too many people in the afternoon?
by Sylvia J (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread