Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Shinkansen ticket in SmartEX / Suica 2024/3/27 08:31
Hello,
I am comfused as to what I have to do to get on Shinkansen. My tickets were bought through Smartex and I have my reservations ready with car and seat numbers. I looked into the SmartEx site and it led to more questions… If I add my Shinkansen ticket into the digital Suica card (yeah, that will be another issue… do not know how to do it… but I guess one issue at a time,) do I still need to physically exchange for a printed ticket?

My thought was that with my suica card I can pass through conventional gates and then I also use it for the shinkansen which has my reservation.

Help ! Please
by SG (guest)  

Re: Shinkansen ticket in SmartEX / Suica 2024/3/27 09:40
If you link your ticket to your SUICA you can use the ordinary ticket gate. You do not get a physical ticket beforehand. The ticket gate will produce a ticket stub with seat number/car.
If you want to print and collect a physical ticket, you can do that as well. Needs to be done around no more than a week before (I think - last did this last year) and use the credit card you used to pay for the tickets.
As a recommendation, have a print-out of your ticket purchase that you can show someone if you run into problems.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen ticket in SmartEX / Suica 2024/3/27 10:18
Thanks for the reply. I tend to like my printed piece of paper more. I think, for piece of mind, I will just try to get that. Looking fireard to my trip !
by SG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinkansen ticket in SmartEX / Suica 2024/3/27 11:36
if you use SmartEX , it may take more money from you, because it is the service of JR Tokai. it covers only Shinkansen, if you use from Tokyo to Osaka.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread