Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Best wifi in middle of nowhere 2024/3/29 19:13
Our family of 5 will travel to Japan for 16 days. We are staying in Hyogo middle of nowhere basically and my in laws donft have wifi. What is the best wifi to use while we are there? We have always rented one of those pocket wifis from airport and they barely work there.
by 123456 (guest)  

Re: Best wifi in middle of nowhere 2024/3/30 06:44
Then any others will barely work there also. Not much you can do about it in rural locations.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best wifi in middle of nowhere 2024/3/31 07:21
Wifi hotspot with wide area mode is the best option. If it didn't work before, unless someone has erected a new cell tower, you're not going to get better coverage.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Best wifi in middle of nowhere 2024/3/31 22:47
I can't comment on your specific location, but NTT docomo is meant to have the widest coverage. In general I've had no problem with softbank either
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Best wifi in middle of nowhere 2024/4/17 15:55
my in laws donft have wifi.
But do they have cellphone? Which company do they signed up with? Docomo Au Softbank etc.?
Then, check you in-laws cellphone reception level.
And which pocket wifi did you rent? Which phone company did it connect to? Cross reference that with your in-laws.

First thing first is you need to find out whether your phones/pocket wifi support the Platinum Band freq. as those are for remote/rural area.
https://teppeilog.com/mobile_bands_japan_e/
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread