Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 14:43
Hi All, last year in Sept 2023 I came back to my home country from Japan(I was on Student Visa Status). I did all the necessary exit procedures at the city hall before coming back to home country.
Now in April 2024, I am planning to go back to Japan on Student Visa again.

My questions are as follows:
1. Is it required to submit any additional documents for visa as I had an history of staying in Japan.
2. I also have an employment record from Oct 2023 to Mar 2024, will any employment documentation be required for submission?

Thank you so much for reading till here, hope you have a great day!
by Akhil Bhandari  

Re: Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 17:20
Let me understand your situation a bit better - when you left Japan, did you return your resident card (that said you were on gstudenth resident status), or, is the gstudenth status still valid now and you have the card with you?
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 17:23
My student status is no longer valid as I got my Residence Card punched by immigration at airport. But now I got admission for higher education and applied for new COE already.
by Akhil Bhandari rate this post as useful

Re: Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 17:40
Oh OK. So this is a completely new application for a new gstudenth visa. I just thought you still might have the old one, as you sounded like you wanted to go in April - CoE and visa procedure would take some time.

Then you will have to apply afresh, so to say, with all the documents - admission from the school/higher education, proof that you have enough funds, etc. (that is where your employment record gmighth be relevant, to show that you had some work and earned some money).

Doenft your new school help you with the application? YOu could ask them.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 18:04
My University has applied for a new COE

My questions are:
1. When I apply for new visa, will the ask me for the old residence card that got punched or any other additional documents.
2. I got a scholarship this time for proof of funds, but also have employment record, will they still ask me to provide any sort of proof for the employment for eg. Experience Letter?

Re: Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 21:20
probably, you are asking about the case of visa application with COE at Japanese embassy in your country.
you may ask it to the embassy. but, in general, because you apply different applications at different divisions, each division requests the documents independently, if they think those documents are necessary. so that, even when you get the COE, you have a possibility that the embassy denies to issue the visa.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re applying for Visa 2024/3/30 23:20
In that case, I'll directly contact the consulate near me and ask about the documentation part. I understand that COE doesn't confirm the Visa.

But my concern is are there any points/advice that I need to take care of while applying for Visa this year?

Once again, thank you AK and Ken for the information.

reply to this thread