Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/3 10:38
Hi,

May I ask if "Jigokudani Monkey Park (地獄谷野猿公苑)" is worth visiting in December and if the snow monkeys will be there daily?

Also, can we visit the park on our own or better to join a local tour with transport and guide?

Thank you in advance.
by CinYow  

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/3 12:13
December should be fine. Maybe no snow yet but monkeys will be there.
There is a life camera where you can check. But essentially the monkeys are always there

No need to join a tour.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/3 16:27
Thank you very much.
by CinYow rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/3 18:48

@ CinYow
Best to schedule the visit  when there is snow, hopefully at the end of DEC 
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/3 19:57
As mentioned above, there is a good chance of snow from Mid December. Checking the webcam a few days before can let you know.

I also agree that this is not really a place to take a tour, as it's basically a walk and a few pools with very photogenic monkeys and humans aggressively taking photos
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/4 07:21
A tour is not necessary. make sure you understand the transport timetables - the winter timetable is better than the summer one.
December, the monkeys will be there - the time they disappear for a few weeks is Oct/Nov.
And, it is not necessary to have snow to enjoy the experience. Personally, I prefer it without the snow.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Jigokudani Monkey Park in December 2024/4/4 11:31
The chance is high but no guarantee. You can check the live camera before heading out.
Also, you might find the below useful.

https://visitjapan-vegetarian.com/jigokudani-monkey-park-where-snow-mo...
by Lilz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread