Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Third visit in same year 2024/4/12 03:21

Hello everyone.

I have a question that's been bothering me lately, and I'm hoping to get some answers to it.

I'm European and I recently made a trip to Japan in October 2023 for 27 days (Sept 30 to Oct 26) on a tourist visa. No problems of course

I returned on January 29 and stayed until March 6 for a period of 37 days. Once again, no problem with immigration.

I know that the total number of days possible out of 365 is 180.

As the weather was much colder in February, I intend to go back in June. So for another 30 days or so. This will probably be the last time I visit Japan this year.

My question is this: Will immigration be a problem this time? Knowing that I've already made 2 trips fairly close together, October for the first trip and February for the second

The third is scheduled for June I plan to take a round-trip ticket from May 29 to the end of June.

Normally, the total number of days I'll have been in Japan for 365 days will be 94. (It's the fact that the dates seem to be quite close to each other that's got me a bit worried about immigration. October- February- June . )

Thanks in advance ;)
by Joe pae (guest)  

Re: Third visit in same year 2024/4/12 07:23
No problem at all.

1) there is no g180h days rule
2) you arenft even staying that long each time
3) many people do this. Eg for business or also fir tourism
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Third visit in same year 2024/4/12 16:52
You might be asked at entry why you are here for the 3rd time, but you might also be asked that the first time.

They more look for multiple visitors who stay for 1 day and leave or 80-90 days and then return the next day. To put it simple - they are looking for people who might be working/living in Japan or completing illegal activities like drug runners.

As such - you should be fine.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Third visit in same year 2024/4/13 02:53
I didn't have any problems on my second trip in february, in fact I didn't even think it would be a problem :D
so I went through passport control serenely and received my second entry stamp for japan. ^^

but as I was planning to make another trip in June, before taking my ticket I wanted to find out if it would be a problem to travel a little often in Japan.

I've often seen people talk about a 90-day trip before leaving the country and then reapplying for a new stamp on their passport after a few months.
and this is often quite suspicious
but in my case I'll only be doing one 30-day trip in june after spending 1 month in february and 1 month in october 2023.

between october 2023 and february 2024, 3 months had passed.
between february and june it will also be 3 months.
i was a little afraid that my visits to japan would be too close together.

but i have no problem answering any questions from an immigration officer, i also have lots of photos from my last 2 trips as proof of simple tourism in japan :D,
I'm not looking to live or work in Japan :D just to visit some cities a bit more.

I'm usually a bit anxious XD
by Jo pae rate this post as useful

Re: Third visit in same year 2024/4/13 03:07
While it must be said that as a foreigner there are *no guarantees* nor entitlement to enter Japan, you are probably going to sail through without difficulty. Maybe you could be asked why you're going to Japan so much, but you're not staying near the maximum (which would scream 'illegal worker'), so you are not likely to raise any red flags.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread