Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

United States to Hong Kong (Narita layover) 2024/4/15 11:22
Question about this flight. Itfll be on one ticket flying AA from the United States to Hong Kong. Narita is the layover. I know Ifll have to go through customs/immigration before I get on the departure side again at NRT, but will I need to gather my checked bags or will they go straight to the connecting flight?
by Cookson (guest)  

Re: United States to Hong Kong (Narita layover) 2024/4/15 14:35
Ask whomever you booked with.

Have have given very little info to go on.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: United States to Hong Kong (Narita layover) 2024/4/15 21:00
If you are on a single ticket with USA to Japan to Hong Kong, on AA and an AA partner such as JAL or Cathay Pacific, and you are flying on to Hong Kong from Tokyo Narita with a minimal layover and do not leave the airport (lots of ifs I know), then you will NOT need to clear customs but just go to the transit counter / passage and you will be able to go directly on to your next flight to Hong Kong. I know, I do this all the time.

You will need to go through Japanese security inside the hall (not outside) and then will pass through right back into the departures level and can connect to your flight. This will take you a matter of minutes.

AA in Narita is Terminal Two. If your connector is in Terminal One on another airline, you will have to exit security and take shuttle bus over to Terminal One then go through security again. If your connector is in Terminal Three, you can actually walk from 2 to 3.

As for your luggage, if you have checked your luggage all the way through to Hong Kong as your final destination, you will NOT have to reclaim it in Narita and check it back in. You will go through Customs and Immigration again at HKIA.

If you are on separate tickets between USA and Japan and Japan and Hong Kong, you will need to claim your bags at Tokyo Narita, go through Customs and Immigration, and then go to your airline check in for your connecting flight to Hong Kong and check your bags back in, then go through security again one more time.

Hope this helps.

Stan
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

reply to this thread