Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

10 Days in May - 3rd Trip To Japan 2024/4/23 06:19
Hi,

My father and I are heading back to Japan for our third visit in May. We have done the usual tourist spots of Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima and Kyoto so this time we're keen to see some other places.

So far, my initial thoughts were the below...

Tokyo (3 nights) - we land late so need the extra night
Kyoto (2 nights)
Kanazawa (1 night)
Takayama (1 night)

Then somehow back down to Tokyo via potentially another night somewhere else.
Open to suggestion and open to a different direction. I just know my father really wants to go back to Kyoto.

We aren't planning on a JR pass this trip so don't need to rely on the network and can use buses etc.

Appreciate all your help!

by JanJan88  

Re: 10 Days in May - 3rd Trip To Japan 2024/4/23 08:15
Maybe hit Matsumoto between Tokyo and Takayama?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Days in May - 3rd Trip To Japan 2024/4/23 08:35
Two nights in Kyoto is not that much. You could add more time there, and maybe take half a day to go see Nara Park or Himeji.
https://goo.gl/K3RqXH
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Days in May - 3rd Trip To Japan 2024/4/23 08:44
Thanks for your replies 😊

I've stayed in Kyoto quite a few times so was only going to make this trip a short one.

My other thought is just do Tokyo and Kyoto as our hubs and then do more day trips around the areas. (Bonus of then not having to send our luggage on or carry it!)
by JanJan88 rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Days in May - 3rd Trip To Japan 2024/4/23 14:53
If this were me then I'd just do Tokyo & a couple of nights in Kanazawa. As you say you have done a few trips to Kyoto. There are so many day trips you can do from Tokyo & I know that Kanazawa really wants people to visit after the earthquake. Besides it's a nice place.
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

reply to this thread