Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Kakunodate cherry blossom 2024/4/25 00:32
Hi

I saw a recent post from 23rd April that kakunodate is in full bloom. Do you think ill be able to watch cherry blossom if I make it tomorrow?

There is a rain forecast tomorrow hence slightly confused.

Thanks,
by Swatantrata  

Re: Kakunodate cherry blossom 2024/4/25 10:03
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kakunodate cherry blossom 2024/4/25 15:25
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kakunodate cherry blossom 2024/4/25 15:48
Tomorrow for Hirosaki I can agree with because of the variety of trees they have. I was there on Monday, but by tomorrow it will be past its best. Hakodate I was at the fort on Saturday (slightly early), so might still be ok, but the season is fleeting and rapidly slipping past.
I saw a few late bloomers today (Sendai), but the exception rather than the rule. I will (of course) have other sakura that I will encounter throughout the year (I always do), but I was surprised at how early the wisteria is here as I normally associate it with the beginning of May and that is still a week away. I'll be looking forward to lily and hydrangea next in my travels.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Kakunodate cherry blossom 2024/4/26 06:55
The strong rain and wind of the past couple of days have taken down most blossoms in Hirosaki, but there are still small numbers of late-blooming tree varieties.

The winds remain very strong today in Hakodate. The blossoms are still relatively young, so I am hoping that the "damage" caused is limited and enough blossoms survive into the weekend.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread