Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 4: Posts 1 - 20 of 78

1 2 3 4
next

Waxing in Tokyo 2005/12/28 00:05
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has been to/knows of a waxing salon in Tokyo. I found one place online and the prices seem to be outrageous! I asked a Japanese girlfriend of mine if she knew of a place that did it and I had to explain what hair waxing was! I guess it's not very common here in Tokyo!

I'm in need of a waxing treatment! and I can't do it by myself... Please help!
by rossi  

itai 2005/12/28 13:52
I heard that waxing is common and been around longer there than here in the states. They have different products and are mostly over the counter products. They call it hair removal not 'waxing'.
by cc rate this post as useful

Not the most popular method in salons? 2005/12/29 05:30
I was intrigued and did a web search, and it seems waxing (specifically referred to as "wakkusu datsumo" in Japanese) is not the most popular method in salons, where they usually offer more permanent solutions. Waxing is more geared for temporary fixes, like for bridal preparation. It seems people who do waxing do it at home. The salon system in Japan is complicated, it seems, like you have to be a member of the salon for an annual fee and you still have to pay outrageous prices for each treatment. I did find a national salon chain where you don't have to be a member,however. It is called "Esthe Up (Esute Appu)" and the website is http://www.estheup.ne.jp/index.html They offer waxing, and the prices are 3,150 for underarm or bikiniline, 6,300 for either upper arm or forearm, 8,400 for either below or above the knees.
by Manako rate this post as useful

Thanks Manako! 2005/12/29 16:27
I did some more searching and asking around and the general consensus seems to be the same *go for EPI* this is one "permanent" hair removal solution - where i would have to go to a salon every other month for about 2 years and i would have "no more hair"!
This solution is not feasible for me - I don't think i can make a two year commitment to a salon!

it seems the only options i have are to wax myself (I'm very clumsy when it comes to at home treatments) or spend a ridiculous amount of money.

i guess it's back to shaving!
by rossi rate this post as useful

I get my eyebrows waxed 2005/12/29 23:14
They do waxings on the military bases in Japan. Know of anyone who can take you?
by Jessie rate this post as useful

I'll tell you where to go ! 2005/12/30 00:23
Hi, I'm actually a beauty therepist.I studied Beauty therapy and worked in a beauty salon for 2 years in Australia.I love waxing . I think it is a wonderful thing to use as a hair removal. so when I came back to Japan, I searched about salons in Tokyo which do waxing and I found some places.First of all,This salon in Harajyuku which is called Boudoir. The salon is owned by Australian lady.She does Brazilian as well.I don't really remenber prices of waxing but they were little bit expensive compare to Australia, but she said she uses waxing products which is from Australia.Next salon is in Hiroo.It is inside of the American hotel.It is owned by American guy but all therapists are japanese.
Actually I was going to work with them but it is too faraway from my house so I gave up.Anyway They do waxing but They are so slow.I nomally do full leg in about 45mins but they takes about 2hours they said.They also own a place in Zama .Sorry, i can't remamber prices but they are nice people.Also there are some places for waxing in tokyo but they just do waxing for wedding according to websites.I thought I might be able to do waxing for free but I don't have any places to do it so ..sorry you should try those places.If you wanna know more about it ,I'll happy to help you.Thanx!
by yukiko rate this post as useful

SO.. 2006/1/2 15:05
Yukiko, so these places you mention, they do body waxing for both men and women?

To Yukiko 2006/1/5 13:07
Hi Yukiko,
you mentioned that you are a beauty therapist and I was wondering what kind of qualifications you need to work in Tokyo.
I am looking for someone who is can do professional Brazilian waxing and teach train other therapists, if you know of someone or is you are interested, I would really appreciate it if you could e-mail me. Thanks.
by Brazilian in Tokyo rate this post as useful

To Yukiko 2006/1/5 13:10
My e-mail address is ai@ag.mu
Thanks!

nani? 2006/1/6 15:46
Brazillian Waxing?
Please explain that.

more info?? 2006/1/8 02:04
Waxing is a very common thing in mediteranian Europe where I come from. I am soon moving to Japan and was wondering about the same question rossi was asking. But in case it is so hard and expensive to wax in a beauty salon, I am even willing to try it at home. Could anyone please let us know of the products names, and are they at all based on wax, or if not,what are they based on? Is the sugar and lemontus recipie at all known in Japan?

Yukiko, if you happen to start working somewhere in the meantime please let me know. Also I would like to know a bit more about the products and salons you know, so please could you post me your email?

Thank you so much, you are a lifesaver.:)

nezz

by nezz rate this post as useful

Brazilian waxing 2006/1/12 21:19
Hello Yukiko and everyone else.
If you are a Japanese beauty esthetician with experience with Brazilian waxing abroad (like Australia or the US), please write me at ai@ag.mu. I will compensate for your time. I will start a salon here and want your advice. Thank you so much in advance.

Waxing in Nagoya 2006/1/21 16:52
Hi! Im also coming from Europe and I thought waxing is not a problem in Japan. BUT IT IS!
Im living in Nagoya and cant find a salon who does waxing. It is crazy! Nobody even knows what waxing is. So, if anybody knows if there is a salon in Nagoya who does waxing, please let me know. Thank you!

Zoya
by Zoya rate this post as useful

waxing 2006/1/23 21:32
there is this beauty salon name jean-claude biguine paris. they have many branches around japan.they do waxing except brazilian waxing.the price is superb, very2 cheap compare to many places and the services are perfection.for further information you can check their website www.biguine.com
by Y.K rate this post as useful

Waxing in Nagoya 2006/1/25 14:07
Thank you!
by Zoya rate this post as useful

TO YUKIKO, or Others 2006/2/3 23:54
This is a question to anyone who might be able to help me. I am a 23 year old Canadian who is living in Ome city Japan. I have a huge interest in the Esthetics industry. I am working as an English Teacher, trying to save enough money to enroll in Beauty school when I return to Canada. Does anyone know of any courses, or workshops, or anything I could involve myslef in while I'm in Japan. I'm interested in the methods used here aswell. I would love to learn about nails, hair, waxing, the whole bit. My goal is to become an esthetician and then train under a Doctor to become a Hair removal Sergeon. Does anyone have any experience, or any advice for me. Thank you so much, take care !
by Sarah rate this post as useful

Waxing in Harajyuku 2006/2/21 11:43
Can someone please tell me how far Harajyuku is from Tokyo? I'm on vacation but would like to have a brazilian wax while here and was also having problems finding a salon.
by Diane rate this post as useful

. 2006/2/21 12:58
Can someone please tell me how far Harajyuku is from Tokyo?

Harajuku is located in central Tokyo.
If you mean the distance from Tokyo station, it is about 30 min. by JR Yamanote Line.
by . rate this post as useful

Abt. waxing 2006/3/14 08:20
I am a meditranian and waxing here is poplar . coz it got many advantages.... . I can do it it is not so hard i guess but if i want to open a beauty Salon in japan for waxing only do i need a cirtificate for doing such a job? i mean we don't learn it in uni. we just learn it from elder family members. so i know it by nature... can u tell me more. abt. what should be done to open such a salon? by the way am ready to make it cheap ^^
by fofo rate this post as useful

Salon infomation 2006/5/9 00:39
Here is the website to Boudoir Day Spa: http://www.boudoirtokyo.com/index_e.html

I came to Tokyo in June 2005 and this was the very first place recommended to me by my friends. Prices are a little more expensive compared to those back home in Canada. However, the quality Boudoir's service is top notch, also providing services in English.
In the end it's your personal choice, wheter you want to pay the high esthetics prices; comfort or abstain from waxing during your stay in Japan.
by kilyn10 rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 4: Posts 1 - 20 of 78

1 2 3 4
next

reply to this thread