Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

asiarooms 2006/12/29 07:47
We are going to Japan early next year. We are booking all our accomodations through asiarooms.com.

Can I trust this site to be reliable.

Appreciate responses/feedback.

Many thanks.
by Ems  

Google is your friend 2006/12/29 22:36
Ems,

I had never heard of them myself, but a quick search on Google turns up loads of forums where people describe their experiences. The site below was the top hit...

http://www.travellerspoint.com/forum.cfm?thread=17350
by Dave in Saitama rate this post as useful

Re: Asisrooms 2006/12/29 23:51
I booked a hotel in Tokyo last year had a change in plans and attempted to modify my reservation. Even though my travel was 2 months away, they could not accomodate my request In the end, I asked for a refund. That process took 6 weeks which I found was excessive. Personally, I will not use their services again.
by Mike rate this post as useful

can't you book direct 2006/12/30 00:26
I have booked directly with the hotel/inn on my two trips to Japan - Kyoto and Tokyo. Even if the website is in Japanese you can usually find the email address to use.

I read on another forum - fodors - that some people had problems with asiarooms if they had to cancel or that they would give you a higher price than they said originally......
by Mara rate this post as useful

Have used 2006/12/30 05:57
I have used them a couple of times without any problems.
by Rod rate this post as useful

Great 2006/12/30 08:16
I booked the Grand Palace Hotel in Tokyo thru this website and it was so easy. The price was very reasonable and a lot cheaper then any other Travel Agent or website could offer.
by Glen rate this post as useful

shop around 2006/12/30 16:39
I also had booking problems with asia rooms.
If you wanna try 'business hotels' for a change :-
japanhotel.net/
good & reasonably cheap.
by Bob rate this post as useful

asiarooms so far is ok 2006/12/30 23:23
Our family is going to Japan next week and we have got our hotel bookings done through Asiarooms with no problem at all. The internet communications have been smooth and fast. I think they have a very good system and service too. When the hotel we wanted was not available, we could ask for an alternative hotel, or a different type of room in the same hotel (in one case it was even cheaper!). Also, cancellation fee is only $15 per booking provided it is done not less than 7 days prior to the check-in date. I found their website very user-friendly and payment with credit card is well-secured too.
by Gaby rate this post as useful

good to go 2006/12/31 02:49
asiarooms have used many times no issues.

for japanese places u might want to use rakuten instead. similar prices but make sure u read the conditions of each establishment and refund policies etc

by jm rate this post as useful

Thank you 2007/1/1 06:54
Thank you all for your feedback.
by Ems rate this post as useful

asiarooms 2007/1/2 12:52
I found a better site that was cheaper and if you change your plans you can cancel in a certain time no cost. japanhotel.net great value
by jane rate this post as useful

no probs 2007/1/3 00:52
We visited Japan last year, and booked one of our hotels through Asiarooms.Hotel was fantastic, and we didn't have any probs.
Good luck.
by abba rate this post as useful

Thanks 2007/1/5 19:35
Thank you all again for your feedback. I have tried to reserve 3 rooms from asiarooms.com. Asiarooms came back with no-availability.

I have tried japanhotel.net and very happy all my preferred hotels were confirmed the next day. And, I don't need to pay in advance. Payment is made directly to the hotel. Good value too.
by Ems rate this post as useful

Try APA Hotel 2007/1/6 06:21
Hi All

I've just come back from Japan and we stayed at a business hotel, called APA Hotel. This hotel chain has many hotels scattered around the country. Most of them near the stations. The hotel is clean and quite modern. The room is rather small but it's not much of an issue as we only use it for sleeping. The price is also very reasonable. Make sure you book through their Japanese website as the price is cheaper compared to their English website. Use Altavista's Babel Fish translator or Google Translator to help you navigate the Japanese webpage. I don't speak Japanese myself and managed to book the rooms without much problems. At Tokyo, we stayed in APA Hotel Nihonbashi, which is 10 mins walk from Tokyo JR station and 1 min walk from Tokyo Metro Nihonbashi subway station. At Kyoto, we stayed in Kyoto Eki Horikawadori, which is also 10 mins walk from Kyoto JR Station.

Website is: www.apahotel.co.jp

I found out about this hotel from another travel forum on the internet and feel very glad to have found it. Will definitely come back to APA Hotel in the future...
by Yonatan rate this post as useful

DISSAPOINTED AT ASIAROOMS 2007/1/12 18:04
Hi,

From my experience asiarooms can't be trusted 100% in terms of the availibility and the internet rates.
I put my bookings 6 times at 2 different cities in Japan and I always get the answer "the internet rates is not available" please rebook at other hotel or please call us (to japan).
I did call to Japan and the customer service only say sorry and did nothing else.

They are so hopeless and i have a feeling all the info rates posted on the net is bullcrap.

Hope this info will help!!!
by Erni Agus rate this post as useful

Wonderful Experience 2007/5/12 16:00
I found Asiarooms really helpful. It helped me not only to book my room in Singapore Hotel at the last moment but also at the cheapest rates. The reviews of various hotels on its site helped me to choose my hotel easily in the country absolutely unknown to me. I would like to thank Asiarooms.com for making my trip absolutely wonderful.
by Koms rate this post as useful

good rate, not always 2007/5/15 22:51
I booked my Phuket hotel with them but found out about its bad reputation after booking, before going. Turns out that all is well and am very happy with the great rate. But do note that its rate is not the best everytime, and depends on whichever hotel. Prior research is necessary.

Anyway too many complaints from others and so I will avoid booking with them if possible.
by Nana rate this post as useful

Be carefull with AsiaRooms 2007/8/20 18:37
I've just back from Japan. We booked the nights in Kyoto with AsiaRooms. We are really disapointed. We choosed an hotel and when we arrived there, they told as that the name of the hotel was wrong and we had to move to another hotel, that we have never heard before, less confortable, much worse, with the same price.
We have no answer from the company. It's really intolerable.
by Anna rate this post as useful

good experience with asia rooms 2007/8/20 19:20
i booked all my hotels thru asiarooms on my recent trip to japan, and i had no problems at all. i had to change dates and it was all accomodated quickly and efficently. have already booked hotels on asiarooms for my next trip.
by sonya rate this post as useful

. 2007/8/20 22:27
Did try to use them to book accomadations in Thailand. Took them very long to reply me back with a confirmation.
by Amelia rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 24

1 2
next

reply to this thread