Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

strawberry farm nearby Tokyo 2007/12/2 08:46
I intend to visit Tokyo in later Mar2008.

Where can I find strawberry farms outside Tokyo. Hope there is hyperlink in English (preferably) if not then in Japanese?

I want to visit, eat and buy strawberries.

Thanks.
by ty  

... 2007/12/2 10:09
by JLady rate this post as useful

Too early? 2007/12/2 10:56
March seems early to me. I usually buy in-season strawbs at Nara around Golden week, the end of April.
by Ian rate this post as useful

Try this 2007/12/2 11:36
by Chris rate this post as useful

Wow 2007/12/2 22:30
that is quite a link!

And it seems there are strawberries at that time ....
by Ian rate this post as useful

'' 2007/12/3 22:53
Thanks to ALL who have contributed suggestions to this visit.

I am very surprised to receive such fast and many responses. Keep sending in...
I will definitely use it.
Thanks again!
by ty rate this post as useful

closer 2007/12/4 03:05
I'll be in Tokyo in late January and I am interested in strawberry picking too. I follow previous links leading to Kawatsura strawberry farm in Chiba as example, it takes over one hour by express train and need to take a taxi to get there. However, the picking time allowed is only 30 minutes. The total cost in transportation is 3430 one way plus 1500 admission. I doubt if this is worthwhile.

Grateful for anyone who can provide any farms that are closer to Tokyo city so that much time is saved in transportation.
by Sunshine rate this post as useful

Strawberry farm visit in end Dec 2008/4/23 12:03
Koonichiwa... we are planning to go Tokyo to spend xmas this year n would like to visit a strawberry farm.

Pls advise if there is any farm (nearby Tokyo) which will open in end December.

I would like to know the exact location, access, cost (for adults n a child aged 4), operation time.

Arigato.

Angie-san
by Angie rate this post as useful

Re: Strawberry picking in Tokyo 2009/3/22 01:24
Hi, can anyone tell me the closest strawberry farms in Toyko besides Chiba. I am planning to go there by mid April. The JR East cost seems too expensive...
by lily (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2009/3/22 07:28
Kawana farm in Kanagawa.

Take JR Tokaido-honsen line from Tokyo towards Odawara, change at Yokohama. (JPY450. 4 stops, 27min.)
Take Keikyuu-honsen (express), towards Misakiguchi. Get off at Miurakaigan Sta. (JPY550 14 stops, 47min.)

Take a bus bound to Yokosuka Shimin Byouin or Kinugasa Juujiro, to Kouenbou.
20min walk from Koenbou to the farm.

Open from 9:30 till 16:00.
Close on Friday.
Admission for 30 min :JPY1,100 for adult, JPY600 for child. Free for children under 2 y.o.

Need reservation.
Phone: 046-889-1617
(I do not think they speak English, ask your hotel to make reservation for you.)
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread