Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anyone know where to see a Keirin race? 2009/6/23 23:01
My girlfriend and I are going to Japan the last week of July and she is really interested in seeing a Keirin race at one of Japan's many velodromes. We haven't settled on our exact itinerary yet, however after some preliminary searching I found out there there will be a special "summer night race" for two days at the Kawasaki velodrome which seems reasonably accessible from Tokyo. I also have learned that the Keirin races are more like going to greyhound/horse races, where in people mainly are going to bet. We don't want to do any betting though, so I'm wondering if that will be an issue; also we would obviously want to be sitting next to the track and not in one of those betting rooms with TVs everywhere. From what I can tell, tickets range from 300-1000 yen in price, but I was worried about having trouble buying them from the person at the ticket booth (not understanding what I need to ask for, etc).

If anyone has experience going to a Keirin race, please help me figure out how to go about it. Also, let me know if there's a better velodrome or race going on other than Kawasaki; we'll be there from 7/23 - 8/1.

Thanks!!
by xtsquintx  

Kawasaki Velodrome 2009/6/25 12:27
- No betting won't be an issue.

- How to buy tickets at Kawasaki velodrome

See this map and ticket price guide at the velodrome's website.

http://www.kawasakikeirin.com/facility/index.html

You can just say to the person at the ticket booth "Back stand" if you ask for "back stand reserved seats" (#1 at the map, 800 yen), "Theater" asking for "theater reserved seats" (#2, 1000 yen), and "Pair" for "a pair special seat" (2000 yen), "Royal" for "royal special seats" (3000 yen) at #4, adding "Ni(mai)" or just "Two (tickets)" will, I think, be understood by them (when asking for a pair seat, you have to say "Ichi (mai)" or "One (ticket)").

The ticket booth for reserved seats is at #3 and the one for special seats is at #6.

Note that you also need to pay 100 yen for admission.

Enjoy the excitement of the race!!!
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

Ah, 2009/6/25 13:05
You didn't want to be at the "theater seats" in the betting room with TVs :)

You might also want to know that "main stand seats" (300yen) at #5 are sold at #3 booth.
by mm (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread