Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Philosopher's Path during winter 2009/10/25 16:50
Hi, would like to find out if it is advisable/worth-it to visit the Philosopher's Path during winter (20th Dec onwards)? Thanks!
by wulu (guest)  

... 2009/10/25 17:23
The trees along the canal will be mostly barren, but I think it can still make for a pleasant walk between Nanzenji and Ginkakuji. The path alone, however, is not worth the effort of going there. Only if you also visit something else in the area, e.g. Ginkakuji.
by Uji rate this post as useful

OTOH 2009/10/25 17:54
But on the other hand, the path will be completely uncrowded. :)
by Kato (guest) rate this post as useful

If you have the time 2009/10/25 20:15
I have done the philosophers trail 4 times and each at a different time of year. If you have the time, it's a nice peaceful walk, but if you have a tight schedule I would stay skip it and head to another temple. That's what I plan to do again this winter. This will be my 6th trip to Kyoto and there are still plenty of places I wish to see.
by MrsLeon rate this post as useful

Well... 2009/10/27 04:27
The path itself will not be very impressive, but the sites along the path may still be worth it. The Eikando is nice. Honen-in's raised sand art is interesting. Of course, Ginkakuji and Nanzenji are quite nice, too.

If you go, go for the sites along the path. The path itself will not be that impressive.
by Tower Will Tumble (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread