Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyushu One Day Pass 2010/1/18 00:15
Dear,
Now, I'm planning to travel around northern Kyushu for 4 days (Huis Ten Bosch, Kumamoto, Mt. Aso, Nagazaki, Beppu, Yufuin). And also plan to buy JR Kyushu 3-days for northern and looking for one day pass. Do you know there is one day pass for Kyushu ? or Can you recommend the Express Return Bus or other train just one day to Huis Ten Bosch and the cost ?

Many thanks in advance,
Brgds,
Pepsi

by Pepsi (guest)  

... 2010/1/18 08:11
First of all, packing all these destinations into only four days is not recommended. It is too busy. I recommend to allocate at least one additional day.

And no, there is no one day pass for the whole of Kyushu or for just northern Kyushu.

But the Sun-Q bus pass comes with a 4-day version:
http://www.sunqpass.jp/english/index.shtml
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kyushu One Day Pass 2010/1/18 20:56
Uji, many thanks for your quick response.
The below is my draft plan and I'm considering what kind of transportation will be better if I would like to buy just JR 3-day pass and combine with other. Could you please recommend me ?

Day 1 - Dazaifu, Tenjin (No need JR pass)
Day 2 - Huis Ten Bosch (JR day 1)
Day 3 - Kumamoto, Mt. Aso (JR day 2)
Day 4 - Beppu, Yufuin (JR day 3)
Day 5 - Nagazaki (By ???)
Day 6 - Fukuoka city (No need JR pass)
by Pepsi (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/1/20 13:48
Huis Ten Bosch and Nagasaki are close to each other. You should combine them.

And you really should add one more additional day to cover all these sights comfortably.

For example:
Day 1: Dazaifu, Tenjin
Day 2: see Huis Ten Bosch, overnight Nagasaki
Day 3: see Nagasaki and overnight there
Day 4: see Kumamoto and Aso and overnight in the Aso area
Day 5: see Yufuin and overnight at Beppu
Day 6: see Beppu and return to Fukuoka
Day 7: Fukuoka

If you travel by train, it could be more efficient to switch the order in which you visit Beppu and Yufuin.

Combined Ticket 2010/2/14 15:39
Dear ,

I heard that there is a combined ticket for 1 day. It's included JR return ticket + Huis Ten Bosch Admission Ticket and the fare is around 7,500 Yen. I'm not sure that it's still existing or not ? If it's still existing where I can buy it ? For Huis Ten Bosch ticket, it's just admission fee or it's a passport ticket ?
I plan to visit to Huis Ten Bosch from Fukuoka around the begin of April 2010.

Many thanks in advace,
With kind regards,
Pepsi
by Pepsi (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/14 16:02
I'm not sure that it's still existing or not?

Yes, it seems to still exist.

If it's still existing where I can buy it?

At major JR stations across Kyushu:
http://www.jrkyushu.co.jp/tabi/htb/index.jsp

For Huis Ten Bosch ticket, it's just admission fee or it's a passport ticket?

You have both options. For the passport option, add 1900 yen to the prices listed on the above linked page.

JR Kyushu pass 2010/7/27 13:43
Uji, I like the above plan, if I follow ur schedule, which JR Kyushu pass suitable for them? I guess 3 day North Kyushu but I still confuse abour how to use pass for each route. Could u please advise?
ie. Hakata-HTB ( I should use 3 JR pass or can buy separately for such route)

Thanks so much
App
by Appch rate this post as useful

reply to this thread