Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kurama Worth It? 2010/1/24 06:03
Hi, we (two of us) are planning for a trip to Kyoto for the first time and have several places (Temples, Market, Imperial palace)in mind but we would like to seek your opinions on Kurama. We would like to try the hot spring in Japan. Is that worth to spend a half of day there? Thank you in adcance for your feedback.
by Japan Lover (guest)  

... 2010/1/24 16:58
If it is your first stay to Kyoto and have only two days, then I would not recommend Kurama, as I think there are more important places to see. But if you have more time or have already seen many of Kyoto's highlights, I think it would be well worth it.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Kurama onsen / hike 2010/1/24 20:17
To make the trip to Kurama more worthwhile get off the train at Kibuneguchi (one stop short of Kurama) and :
--If you like hiking, walk up to Kibune and over the mountain, through Kurama temple, then to the onsen at Kurama.
--If you are a foodie, get the bus up to Kibune and enjoy gourmet cuisine by the river (in summer you can eat at tables set on platforms over the river). then go back down to the station and on to Kurama
Area map-
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=35.119979,135.77857&spn=0...
by kyotoamigo rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/1/26 15:24
Kurama is really nice (especially in the autumn). If you want to visit an onsen (hot spring) in Kyoto, then I think you should go to Kurama. It has the atmosphere that you won't get in the inner city.

Kurama is a nice scenic hike, and to finish off at an onsen would be nice.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread