Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica+NEX pass for Tokyo to Narita? 2010/2/27 09:23
Hi, I'm planning to buy the Keisei Skyliner + Metro 2 days pass when I arrive for the trip from Narita to central Tokyo (Ueno then transfer train to Hanzomon)

Can I also buy NEX+Suica Pass and use the NEX ticket for the trip back from Tokyo to Narita?

Or the NEX+Suica combo pass only valid for Narita-Tokyo route?
by lgusti  

... 2010/2/27 10:15
Can I also buy NEX+Suica Pass and use the NEX ticket for the trip back from Tokyo to Narita?

No.

Or the NEX+Suica combo pass only valid for Narita-Tokyo route?

Yes.
by Uji rate this post as useful

SkyLiner 2010/2/27 12:11
If you use the free pass of the Keisei Skyliner, NEX need not be bought.

NEX+suica is a discount ticket of effective day one way from Narita to Tokyo.

Therefore, it is possible to buy it only by Narita in the person limitation that came from the foreign country.

NEX is JR, and the railway company according to the Keisei Electric Railway Co., Ltd. Skyliner.

by Miwako (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank You. 2010/2/27 16:51
Thank You Uji,

This confirm my suspicion that NEX-Suica Combo only for Narita - Tokyo Route.

If that the case, then I will buy Keisei Skyliner + 2 days Metro Pass and the SUICA card separately.

Can I buy and reserve the seat for NEX ticket for Tokyo - Narita return trip route 5 days in advance when I arrive at the Narita Airport?
by lgusti rate this post as useful

... 2010/2/28 02:45
Can I buy and reserve the seat for NEX ticket for Tokyo - Narita return trip route 5 days in advance when I arrive at the Narita Airport?

Yes. It can be reserved up to one month in advance. At Narita Airport, any other JR station and even online:
http://jreast-shinkansen-reservation.eki-net.com/
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/28 07:58
Suica and NEX is only for Narita - Tokyo route.

If you think about it, if you are leaving Japan it makes no logical sense for JR to sell a Suica & Nex package.

BTW at the Keisei station at Narita Airport, you can buy a PASMO card. PASMO and SUICA are essentially the same thing, SUICA is sold by JR only, while PASMO is sold by all other railway companies in the Tokyo area.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

not really 2010/2/28 15:41
A traveller flying in Osaka and flying out Narita would find a Nex-Suica package for the opposite direction (Tokyo to Narita) very useful indeed. How do we contact JR with this suggestion?
by kum (guest) rate this post as useful

Combined. 2010/2/28 15:54
Thank Uji for the answer.

For Express Train comment, if the NEX+SUICA combo will let you use the NEX for Tokyo to Narita, then you can buy the Keisei Skyliner Combo with 2 days Metro Pass for the Narita-Tokyo Route.

That way, if you going to spend more than 3 days, you can use the Suica card and the 2 days pass. You can save more money.

But too bad that the NEX+SUICA combo only work for Narita-Tokyo. I guess they do it on purpose so you have to pick either Keisei combo or NEX combo pass.

by lgusti rate this post as useful

. 2010/2/28 16:11
How is it useful for JR?

The Suica & Nex is a promotional package, people ride the Narita express at a discounted price, so JR hopes they pay a full priced ticket when they travel back to the airport.
There's no advantage for them to offer a discounted ticket going back to Narita Airport.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

pointless 2010/2/28 23:47
JR is a business like any other, there's no profit in offering cheap tickets all the time.

Myself, i take the suica / NEX package into tokyo, then catch the skyliner or kensei local trains back or use my JR pass on the NEX.
by pete (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread