Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hokkaido 7 days 2010/3/2 18:30
hi, we are going to Hokkaido in mid-April for 7 days. We will be doing sapporo and day trip for otaru. We cannot decide to visit Noboribetsu/Hakodate or Furano/Asahikawa(to visit Daisetsuzan). We would like to see the more natural Hokkaido.. and if we take on Daisetsuzan, should we base at Furano or Asahikawa? Anyone with any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks ;)
by boodii (guest)  

... 2010/3/3 03:28
Daisetsuzan is still mostly snow covered. I don't recommend it in April.

So, I think that Noboribetsu/Hakodate is more enjoyable. I strongly recommend to stay overnight in Noboribetsu at an onsen ryokan. Note that some ryokan in Noboribetsu offer free bus shuttle rides to staying guests from Sapporo to Noboribetsu.

Lake Toya and Shikotsuko with its volcanic landscape might also be worth stopping.
by Uji rate this post as useful

decided on noboribetsu 2010/3/3 12:33
we will take your advice to visit noboribetsu. will 2 nights be sufficient to visit shikotsu and lake toya? As our main base is sapporo, we feel hakodate is a tad too far.. is furano worth staying for a night or so?
by boodii (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/4 02:24
will 2 nights be sufficient to visit shikotsu and lake toya?

Yes, 2 nights and 3 days are sufficient. But be warned that public transportation is very bad in Shikotsuko. If you do not rent a car, it is better to visit it in a side trip from Sapporo.

is furano worth staying for a night or so?

I don't think that April is a very good time for Furano, but a visit can still be enjoyable if you have the right attitude. Expect a mix between ending winter and not-yet starting spring. Furano could even be done in a day trip. A rental car or guided bus tour is recommended, as public transportation inside Furano is not good.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread