Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toei Metro Commuter Pass 2010/3/4 03:43
Hi all! From this April I'll be studying in a Japanese Language School in Asakusa. My apartment will be in Nerima so via the Oedo Line I can reach Kuramae Station easily. Is possibile to get a Commuter Pass for the Toei Metro? If yes where I can get it?

Thank you
by paulstrife (guest)  

... 2010/3/4 10:36
Is possibile to get a Commuter Pass for the Toei Metro?

Commuter passes in Japan are for a specific route rather than zone. They are available even along routes which goes across multiple companies. You can get the commuter pass from any of the companies which are located along the way. Some stations have vending machines for commuter passes. If not, you can get them at the ticket window.
by Uji rate this post as useful

pass 2010/3/4 13:21
Commuter passes are available and cost for the monthly pass is usually the same as 20 return tickets.
You can then enter/exit freely anywhere beween/including the two stations indicated on the pass.
Check on hyperdia.com for prices.
by tokyob (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/3/4 18:10
Because you are a student you should be able to get a discounted student commuter pass.

Note that generally speaking JR, or Tokyo Metro doesn't give discounts to language school students, HOWEVER Toei Subway does. Usually around 20% discount off regular commuter pass. Your school should give you a special student certificate then you apply at the pass office at the Toei station. Again your school can/should assist you with this.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/4 19:13
thank you very much for the answers, going from Nerima to Asakusa it's 310Y/trip, quiet expensive if you travel every day.
by paulstrife (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread