Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Prepaid card in Kyoto? 2010/3/11 02:32
Advance apologies! I feel as if I have read a billion questions on the Forum about the various Suica and Pasmo etc possibilities, and my brain hurts, but just as I was at the point of thinking I understood it all suddenly, tadaaa! a new little question appeared out of nowhere to help keep me awake at night.

Is there a prepaid card I can get for Kyoto that is similar to Suica etc for Tokyo? Or is Kyoto's transport less complicated and not so much hassle as I imagine Toky's to be. I live in hope.

Please forgive me if this has been replied to over and over again, I am just completely confused about the transport complications!

Thank you thank you thank you - what a brilliant forum this is, I'm SO pleased I found you!

J
by JennyPottery  

... 2010/3/12 10:49
The Icoca card is valid on most transportation in the Osaka/Kyoto area with the prominent exception of Kyoto buses and the less prominent exception of Keifuku trains.

The Surutto Kansai Card is also valid on most transportation in the Osaka/Kyoto area with the prominent exception of JR trains.

More details (see under "Special Tickets"):
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2363.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

thank you 2010/3/12 23:05
Uji - Thank you so much for this. I think you are the most patient person in the universe!

I'm checking all the possibilities, hope to know what to do by the time I get there.

J
by JennyPottery rate this post as useful

reply to this thread