Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto with my 70 year old Mom 2010/3/12 00:57
Hi,Im travelling soon to Kyoto w/my mom arriving Sunday night.3 whole days in Kyoto and we leave Thurs for Osaka.This is her dream trip and I want to make sure that I try to prepare for it as much as possible.I booked at Hotel Granvia, JR station for her convenience.

Day1-From Kiyomizudera, would it be more convenient to take cab to Sanjusangendo? And then cab to Gion? and then cab to Philosophers path?We are 4 persons so would that better?
Day2-Fushimi Inami Shrine
Day3-Either Nara or Kurama Onsen

I do not want to overpack because of my Mom and I also am excited to just take things slow to better appreciate everything. Am I missing anything important that is a must for my Mom to see? Thank you in advance for your help.
by vitamincram (guest)  

... 2010/3/12 11:53
If you do not mind the cost, using taxis is certainly the recommended way of travel.

On day 1 the most efficient order would be: Kyoto Station - Sanjusangendo - Kiyomizudera - Gion - Philosopher's Path. Although Gion is most interesting as a dining destination in the evening. So you could travel: Kyoto Station - Sanjusangendo - Kiyomizudera - Philosopher's Path - Gion - Kyoto Station

Day2-Fushimi Inami Shrine

Fushimi Inari typically takes between 30 minutes and 3 hours to see. This will leave you with a lot of time for other sightseeing.
by Uji rate this post as useful

IMHO Kinkakuji 2010/3/12 16:07
No visit to Kyoto is complete without a visit to Kinkakuji, the Golden Pavillion: it is stunning, iconic and well worth the time.
We find Kinkakuji nicer in the morning, something to do with the sunshine angles: perhaps, Kinkakuji in the morning, leisurley lunch, then Fushimi Inari in the afternoon.
Just an idea.
by fmj rate this post as useful

Kyoto w/my 70 year old Mom 2010/3/13 12:27
Thank You so much for the answers. They are very helpful. Greatly appreciate it.
by vitamincram (guest) rate this post as useful

Kyoto w/my 70 year old Mom 2010/3/13 23:58
We both have time in Kyoto and Osaka. Which would be a more cost and time efficient way to travel to Nara? From Kyoto or from Osaka. Thanks in advance.
by vitamincram (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/3/14 07:17
Nara is equally easily accessed from either city. Details depend on where within Kyoto or Osaka you start your trip to Nara from.

More details:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4107.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread