Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

cashing travelers checks in fukushima.. 2010/3/14 00:17
please help......i will be traveling to fukushima and will need to have quite a large sum of money for a purchase. since travelers checks are the safest way of money transport, i need to make sure cashing these in will not be a problem. are there any banks close to the koriyama station to help me with this? thank you...
by dolan  

cashing TC in Fukushima? 2010/3/14 13:26
Do you need to cash it? The merchant should be able to accept a traveler's cheque directly from the buyer unless it's in card form like a credit card, in that case it's hard to say whether they are set up for that. With conventional traveler's cheque, you just sign it and use it like cash. If the merchange owe you change, they'll pay you in cash. Of course some merchants will not accept traveler's cheque due to fraudulent activities.
I can't speak for Koriyama but there usually small bank like casher's booth in most stations in the cities where you can exchange money.
In any event, you can always have it changed to cash before you get there such as at the airport
exchange booth.
by UMI (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread