Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Nagoya to Tokyo (return) 2010/3/31 10:01
Hi all,

I'm currently living and teaching English in a small city on the outskirts of Nagoya. I've been here 2 months so far and want to travel to Tokyo for a few days during Golden Week.

I've read the guide on the website which talks about the "Hikari Hayatoku Kippu" ticket for 9,200 yen. Are they available during golden week?

Something a little cheaper would be nice though. I want to travel out on the 30th and return on the 4th of May... Also, Where can I buy these tickets, and if anyone knows somewhere that sells them and speaks English around Nagoya it would be much appreciated.

The overnight bus sounds good too, if anyone has any more info please let me know. Thanks!!

Rezz
by Rezz (guest)  

How about... 2010/3/31 10:39
How about the Puratto Kodama Ticket for 9,000 yen one-way in standard class, or 10,000 yen one-way in first class? It's 2 3/4 hours to Tokyo but you get a free drink on board the train or at any platform kiosk that sells drinks.

If interested, print this page:
http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/nagoya.html

And show it to a representative at a JR Central Tours office in Nagoya station (they have two offices there). They also have offices at major stations in the Chugoku region.

For buses... Willer Express has online booking services in English:

http://willerexpress.com/bus/pc/rosenKensaku/rosenKensakuAreaList/?rKa...

There are also many other bus operators that make the run to Tokyo including JR Bus and Meitetsu Bus...

Of course you would want to make sure that any reservation... train, bus or whatever... is completed as soon as possible.
by JRHorse rate this post as useful

Thanks! 2010/4/2 09:07
Thanks so much! I just ordered a bus with Willer for 2800 yen.

I hope to get the bullet train back from Tokyo to Nagoya on the 3rd of May. Do you think I will need to book anything or will it be possible to just get a ticket and ride back on the day?
by Rezz (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread