Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto cab with 4 passengers 2010/4/10 20:45
Hi Guys!

How big are the Kyoto cabs? I know that it can take 4 passengers. However, what about 4 passengers + 4 cabin sized trolley bags? We are staying at 3-4 different lodgings in the city and it looks like the most convenient way of transferring between the accommodations is by cab since some of the lodgings are not near the train stations. They are all near the bus stops but it will be tough getting on the bus with our trolley bags. Are there larger cabs that have larger boot? Or any taxi company that provide that which we can call? And if yes, do they cost more?
Thanks in advance!
Mel
by Melanie Putra  

... 2010/4/13 12:46
How big are the Kyoto cabs?

They differ in size from S size to L size and jumbo taxis. S sized taxis seat up to five people including driver. M and L size taxis usually seat up to six people including the driver. Most taxis have a large enough trunk to store four carry-on sized suitcases.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Any tel no? 2010/4/15 03:20
Hi Uji,

Is there any taxi company that I can call to order the taxi rather than just trying to flag down one which is large enough to fit all of us plus our bags?
Thanks,
Mel
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

... 2010/4/15 08:50
If you are catching a cab from Kyoto station, this will not be necessary.

The cab lines are categorized by taxi size, so it is very easy to understand.

Otherwise, Ecolo Taxi (075-803-2228) has larger trunks as they are designed to support bike racks and MK 075-778-4141 can service any need, including some English speaking staff.
by kyototrans rate this post as useful

. 2010/5/2 14:16
Thanks, Kyototrans! We won't be catching cab from Kyoto Station as we plan to jump on the bus (since it is the initial station there should not be too much hassle to board with trolley bags, I hope!). Also, we plan that day to utilise the 500yen bus card since after dropping off the luggage at our lodging near Gojozaka we plant to move around a lot.

We need the large taxi for transfer from one lodging to the next after that. Ie, Gojozaka to Kawaramachi. Then Kawaramachi to Gion. These lodgings are not convenient for travel on the metro/train, only by bus and it will be difficult to do so with our luggage in the city center.

So as you can see our taxi journey is pretty short. You gave me Ecolo Taxi (075-803-2228) which has larger trunks and MK 075-778-4141, which can service any need, including some English speaking staff. Between these 2 which is cheaper? I assume each of their taxi even though larger than the usual taxi, will cost less than if we were to take 2 normal taxis (we forsee that happening if we were to take normal taxi since I am sure a single normal taxi won't be able to ferry 4 passengers + their trolley bags + hand luggage).
by Melanie Putra rate this post as useful

reply to this thread