Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Apple airport express router 2010/4/29 15:16
Hello everyone, i'm planning to bring this with me during my trip to Japan so that i can setup a wifi network with the lan connection provided by the hotel. I won't have my laptop with me,just my iphone.

Does anyone have experience using this in Japan?
Anything to look out for?
Cheers.
by laur (guest)  

AirPort Express in Japan 2010/5/6 17:25
I just came back from a 2-week stay in Japan. Prior to my trip, I purchased an AirPort Express and configured it (with the help of the Apple Tech Support) to be used away from home, without a laptop. Success! I used it with my Samsung Omnia II device that has built-in wifi. It immediately found the wifi in my Tokyo hotel room (which had the LAN connection). The Sheraton Miyako Hotel had an ethernet cable in the desk drawer but, to be safe, I carry an ethernet cable (self-winding travel type). It was much cheaper to use Skype Mobile phone this way ($0.02 per min) than the hotel phone or the rented mobile phone ($2.50 per day plus $0.90 per min) that I carried for emergency. By the way, I bought a SkyLink at in Tokyo which is for $35 which is also a travel wifi converter. It worked fine but you seem to need a computer to configure the WPA security.
by japger (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread