Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

which areas to stay in on 5 week trip 2010/5/2 00:00
im out to japan in october for 5 weeks and becoming confused over the best plan of action. im flying to narita airport and found a place to sty on hostel world that looks awsome only a short distance and is of the tokyo area, i want to see/experience what i can but not much of a planner. is it going to be poissible to stay im one place/region and travel or is it best to make a plan for example to stay tokyo 2weeks then move on to osaka area for 2 weeks and the hokkaido area for a week? would that work or can i kinda see what happens/go with the flow?
thanks
by fuddyboi  

... 2010/5/2 07:51
It depends on your interest, preferred style of travel and budget.

But basically, Japan is too large to be entirely explored from just one base. If you have five weeks and enough money to move around, I recommend to explore multiple regions of Japan, just as you have suggested in your initial post.

The following guide should make the planning easier:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e623.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Hmm... 2010/5/2 13:14
For a 5 week trip, it would be silly to waste it all in Tokyo. You can use Tokyo as a base to explore the area around there, but if you are planning to go beyond the Kanto region, it is impractical and for many places not even possible to ride out, see sites, and go back to Tokyo.

If you plan on going to Osaka, then find a hotel around Osaka/Kyoto. It's really not that difficult to find hotels in most cities once you arrive (ask at the station), but if you know where you want to go, you should be able to research hotels in those areas. If you have a tentative itinerary, you may want to post it so that people can help you plan it so that you will have to change hotels as little as possible, if that is a concern.
by Rabbityama (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/5/7 00:22
im in it for the experience type thing and to see as much as i can really. moving around is fine with me and was expecting that from the start it was with finding places to stay, will i always be able to find somewhere, like they wont be a sudden wave of travellers and force me to pay big bucks for a stay lol i just want a bed and safe place for my things and go from there, hostels my main plan as get information from there and like already said stations. im looking at the £3k mark once out there that should see me through right?

thanks for the help so far keep it comming...
by fuddyboi rate this post as useful

p.s 2010/5/7 00:26
also what sort of time scale you think i should stay in each area? a week or just move around as i find where i want to go?
by fuddyboi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread