Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica for the Tobu Tojo Line? 2010/5/17 15:02
We are planning a day trip to Kawagoe and from our hotel in Shinjuku, I found that we have to transfer to the Tobu Tojo line at Ikebukuro Station, to take the express train to Kawagoe.

Can the Suica card be used on this line? If it cant be used, what do we do... do we need to exit the station at Ikebukuro and buy a ticket for the express?
by DD (guest)  

Suica 2010/5/17 16:25
Yes, the Suica can be used on the Tobu Tojo line, as well as all other private and JR lines in the Greater Tokyo area.
by Sira (guest) rate this post as useful

Thank you! 2010/5/17 16:27
Thank you! So Kawagoe is considered still within the Greater Tokyo area? I didn't know it was.
by DD (guest) rate this post as useful

. 2010/5/17 16:27
You can use SUICA railways/buses where PASMO covers.
Here's the list of the railway/bus companies covered by PASMO/SUICA.
(On the page 3)
http://www.pasmo.co.jp/en/pdf/pasmo_traveler_E.pdf

Tobu Railways Co., Ltd. is found in the list, so you can use SUICA on Tobu Tojo line without any problem. :)
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Kawagoe 2010/5/17 17:37
DD,

Your main question has already been answered, but if you are staying in Shinjuku, you may find it easier to take the Seibu Shinjuku Line directly from Seibu Shinjuku Station (separate from the main Shinjuku Station) to Hon-Kawagoe Station. If you are visiting the "Koedo" old town district of Kawagoe, Hon-Kawagoe Station is more convenient than Kawagoe or Kawagoe-shi Stations on the Tobu Tojo Line.
by Dave in Saitama (guest) rate this post as useful

alternative to Kawagoe 2010/5/17 20:52
Thanks, Dave, for the alternative to Kawagoe. And thanks to the earlier person for the Pasmo map.

My family and I will be in Tokyo for 6 days at the end of the month, free and easy. Planning our itinerary now. ;)
by DD (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread