Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

hakone free pass bought from Odawara 2010/6/22 17:03
I plan to visit japan in september. And I plan to travel from kyoto to hakone, then to tokyo. Does the puratto Kodama train stop in Odawara, so that I can get to hakone without going to tokyo first. And if it does stop in Odawara, does the hakone free pass bought in this station allow for travel to tokyo? Otherwise,how much would a one way fare from Odawara to Tokyo cost?
by Polin (guest)  

... 2010/6/22 18:36
Shinkansen "Kodama" train does stop at Odawara. However, "Puratto Kodama Plan" package does not allow you to get off at Odawara. It is a package deal that come with some restrictions, including which stations you can get on/off the train.

If you buy Hakone Free Pass at Odawara, that only gives you the round trip of non-JR trains/modes of transport "within" Hakone area only, and does not include the ride to Tokyo.

Please see the following for JR Shinkansen, JR non-Shinkansen, and Odakyu options for travel from Odawara to Tokyo.
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread