Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

where to pay additional fee 2010/7/6 15:45
Hi,

as I saw on http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2368.html there are some lines from JR that pass non JR-tracks.

I own a JR-Pass for the time of travel:
When I go to the counters to reserve seats for the train - is that the place where I pay the additional fee? Or do I have to pay it to the conductor in the train?

Specifically I would like to know for the route Kyoto-Tottori if 1770yen is all I have to pay extra when using the limited express and the JR-Pass with reserved seats which are normally covered in a Shinkansen.

Thanks, Lisa
by Lisa (guest)  

Kyoto-Tottori route 2010/7/6 16:02
If you have a JR rail pass you shouldn't have to pay anything extra
by ianewzealand rate this post as useful

ChizuExpress tracks 2010/7/6 16:09
As written on the Japan Guide page mentioned above: The train Ltd. Express Super Hakuto crosses Kamigori - Chizu on it's way, so I would have to pay an extra fee.
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

@ianewzealand 2010/7/6 16:11
@ianewzealand

There are actually some routes where a JR train actually uses a part of a private railway's line and a JR pass user will have to pay an additional fee.
by Bean (guest) rate this post as useful

Sorry 2010/7/6 17:38
Okay - I didn't know that one - Sorry
by ianewzealand rate this post as useful

... 2010/7/6 19:33
When I go to the counters to reserve seats for the train - is that the place where I pay the additional fee?

Yes, it might be possible at that time. If not, you can pay it to the conductor in the train.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/7/7 14:20
Thanks Uji =)

The amount of fee is also correct even if we have reserved seats due to the JR-Pass?
by Lisa (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread