Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

gundam in shizuoka 2010/8/7 11:29
I am going back to Japan in Sept. and want to see the gundam in shizuoka. I will be staying in the Ota area in Tokyo. Any help in getting there ? Thank you
by Er (guest)  

... 2010/8/7 16:55
It is near JR Higashi-Shizuoka station.

From Tokyo/Shinagawa, you can take:

- JR Tokaido line local train all the way to Higashi-shizuoka (3 hours, cost around 3,000 yen)
- JR Tokaido Shinkansen Kodama, then change at Shizuoka to the local line (a bit under 2 hours, cost around 6,000 yen),
or
- JR Tokaido Shinkansen Hikari that stops at Shizuoka, then change to the local line (a bit over 1 hour, the fare is the same as above)
by AK rate this post as useful

.. 2010/8/8 15:34
Thanks! How about getting to the Bandai Museum in Mibu from Ota? Thanks for the help
by Er (guest) rate this post as useful

.... 2010/8/8 15:54
By JR:
- You can take JR Shonan-Shinjuku Line (that connects into JR Utsunomiya Line) from Shinjuku through Omiya to Ishibashi station. The museum is 10 - 15 minutes taxi ride from the Ishibashi station.

By Tobu railway:
- You can take Tobu railway limited express train from Asakusa to Tochigi, then change to Tobu Utsunomiya Line to Omochanomachi station. The museum is 10 minutes on foot from the Omochanomachi station.

The museum is open only on Sat., Sun., and national holidays (though during August, it's open every day). Open 10:00 - 16:30 (last admission 16:00).
by AK rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/28 01:51
Thanks! What is the nearest Tokyo subway exit at those starting points. Thank You
by Er (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/30 02:50
How near is it to JR Higashi-Shizuoka station?

Anybody has a map? I will be using a JR Pass so I am hoping to utilize it as much as possible.
by samsherlyn (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread