Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone Free Pass 2010/8/17 19:06
I would like to check if the following itenarary below will be covered completely by the 3 day Fuji-Hakone Pass.
I will be travelling from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko by bus on 25Aug to climb Mt Fuji. On 26 Aug, I will descend and will take a bus from Kawaguchiko to Gotemba (Fujikyu Bus), followed by another bus to Togendai (Odakyu Bus). I will stay 2 nights in Hakone. On 27 Aug, I will travel within Hakone and on 28 Aug, I will return to Tokyo, probably by train from Hakone Yomoto or Odawara.

If it does not cover, then please suggest an alternative arrangement. Thks.
by scrover  

... 2010/8/17 19:33
It is a 3-day pass. However, you stay 4 days. There is no way to cover everything.

I will be travelling from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko by bus on 25Aug to climb Mt Fuji.

The bus from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko Station is covered, but the bus from Kawaguchiko Station the the 5th Station is not covered. The direct bus from Shinjuku to the 5th Station is not covered, either.

The rest is, at least route-wise, covered if you take the Odakyu Railways back from Hakone to Shinjuku.
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/17 19:57
Thank you.

In that case, will it make more sense to travel from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th station on a separate ticket, and then purchase a Hakone 3 day pass on 26 Aug to cover the rest of my travel arrangement? Will the Hakone pass also cover my return train ride to Tokyo? How much will the pass cost?
by scrover rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/18 07:59
In that case, will it make more sense to travel from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko 5th station on a separate ticket, and then purchase a Hakone 3 day pass on 26 Aug to cover the rest of my travel arrangement?

Yes, except that buses between Kawaguchiko and Gotemba are not covered by the Hakone Free Pass and must be purchased separately. From Gotemba the Hakone Free Pass is valid. I think it is sold through a taxi company at Gotemba Station.

How to travel between Kawaguchiko and Hakone:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5206.html?aFROM=5200_6900

Will the Hakone pass also cover my return train ride to Tokyo?

No. The pass is available as round-trip version, which makes no sense since you do not make a round trip. Or as a free-area-only version, which I recommend to use. You will then have to pay for the ride back to Tokyo separately.

How much will the pass cost?

4400 yen:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2358_008.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/18 11:12
Thank you vm! I will get the free area only pass then. Thks for the very helpful info.
by scrover rate this post as useful

reply to this thread