Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

ferry services 2010/8/18 04:27
Is there a regulary ferry service during daytime between beppu (oita on Kyushu) and matsuyama (Yawatahama on Shikoku)?
Which is the ferry line operating for this travel? what are the prices? Is there a schedule disponible?
thanks in advance for your answer.
Claude
by claude (guest)  

... 2010/8/18 09:31
Is there a regulary ferry service during daytime between beppu (oita on Kyushu) and matsuyama (Yawatahama on Shikoku)?

Yes, there are regular daytime ferries between Beppu and Yawatahama. But Yawatahama is an hour outside of Matsuyama.

Which is the ferry line operating for this travel? what are the prices? Is there a schedule disponible?

Basics in English:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2355_01.html#f39

Details in Japanese:
http://www.uwajimaunyu.co.jp/

The upper, green timetable shows the ferries between Beppu and Yawatahama. The pink timetable below is a different route.

”ª”¦•l means Yawatahama
•Ê•{ means Beppu
by Uji rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/18 15:35
I have done the Beppu to Matsuyama and on to Hiroshima ferry trip and can recommend it. It's a good way to get to Miyajima too - tram and ferry from Hiroshima
by Connie Chiwa (guest) rate this post as useful

ferry services 2010/8/18 15:39
Konnichiwa Uji

Domo arigato gozaimasu for your fast answer. Your information is very usefull. Have a nice day.

Claude
by Claude (guest) rate this post as useful

ferry services 2010/8/18 15:48
Hello Connie,
thank you for your message. In fact, we will have already seen Miyajami on the way to Kyushu. In coming back we will visit Matsuyama, Takamatsu and there take the train to Himeji to rejoin afterwards Tokyo.
I have read that it's easy to get by tram (number 2) from the station in Hiroshima to Miyajima (the ferry services). I have already visited that marvellous island, but wanted to revisit it. I saw it in automn, now it will be in springtime.
Have a nice day.
Claude

. 2010/8/18 17:07
Thank you
You know if you have not been to Naoshima island, it is the most fantastic stopover from Shikoku.

ferry services 2010/8/18 17:41
Hi again Connie
waaaaow, I ve been looking for that island on the net... it's really great... But I have 1 big problem : time... hahaha; So, for sure, I have to come back soon to Nihon... it will the 3rd time I am visiting Nihon and every time there is something new to discover... The trip I will do now : Kyoto, Matsue, Hagi, Tsuwano, Miyajima, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Beppu, Matsuyama, Takamatsu, Himeji and Tokyo. Perhaps I could take half a day to go to Naosihma from Takamatsu and go back to Takamatsu. I will see how much time I will spend in takamatsu. Normally I will spend there 2 nights, coming from Matsuyama. So If I won t start to late there, I will have 1,5 day in Takamatsu... Thank you again for your tip.
Claude

... 2010/8/18 19:49
Note that direct ferries between Beppu and Matsuyama are only operating from Beppu to Matsuyama, but not in the opposite direction anymore.
by Uji rate this post as useful

ferry services 2010/8/18 20:25
Hi again Uji-san. thx again for that information. For me, it's excellent because I will be leaving Beppu for Shikoku. So, that's nice.
Domo arigato gozaimasu again.
Claude

. 2010/8/19 07:58
Claude, on the train route to Matsue is Bitchu Takahashi an almost unknown precious gem of a place with a great castle (Japan's highest) and it makes a lovely stopover for a few hours. Also near Matsue is the Adagi Museum of Art - fantastic!

ferry services 2010/8/19 16:06
Hello Connie. You are an incredible source of fine information...waaaaaaaow, thank you so much again. For sure we will visit the Adachi museum, I noticed already in my things to visit. Also the Miho museum (near Kyoto... train and bus). For the castle, it will depend of the time we have.. I already will visit the castle of Matsyama, Matsue and of course, revisit (for the 3th time Himeji). Last visit, I saw the castles of Matsumoto, of Hikone, real beauties... for me the Japanese castles are so beautifull, far above all the others I saw. In Syria I admired 'the crack of the Chevaliers', and several others in different parts of the world. Japanese ones are totally different and really so nice. I would like to give you my mail adress, but it is forbidden to give it in the answer. I wrote it in the part where I can write my mail adress... I hope you could see it, or send me a mail, so we could communicate more easier. Domo arigato gozaimasu again. Claude

. 2010/8/19 16:16
tkvichta AT aapt.net.au

adachi 2010/8/19 17:22
Connie,

Did you mean the Adachi Museum of Art? I've been there and it really is a beautiful garden. Its too bad you can't enter though.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5806.html
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

. 2010/8/19 18:42
Yes you are right and I asked the question why?
Apparently people would despoil the perfection with their cigarette butts etc.
Did you perhaps also notice the art?
I don't believe there is some law that states you must walk amongst the creation of the gardeners, and their decision is obviously to frame it beautifully through strategically placed windows. Fair enough I guess - it looks a treat, and one suspects you could walk around the back and see fibreglass mountains from the inside. No matter, it looks great! the large team of white gloved gardeners deserve credit!
It's a once in a lifetime experience.

reply to this thread