Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Trip advice in Kyoto 2010/8/18 13:10
Hi,

Both me and my sister planning a trip to Kyoto next year March 2011 for 18 days.

1. When can we start booking the ryokan for March, isn't 3 to 6 months in advance, we will be buying our air ticket soon.

2. Please help with travelling sequence, we worry that we back track.

Based for few days in Kyoto for shrine visit and so on.

Day trip to Ohara, should we take direct bus or train and bus is better?

Day trip to Kurama, Hikone from (using JR pass)

Should we visit Osaka Castle instead of Hikone Castle, we are very disappointed that we cannot visit Himeji castle due to long renovation.

We are investing a 14 days japan pass for our trip.

Can the following sequence works?
Miyama - Wachi Station - 2 days
Arashiyama - 2 days
Nara - 2 days
Kinosaki Onsen - 2 days
Hiroshima/Miyajima Island - 2 days
Tokyo - 2 days, from Tokyo take train back to Kansai Airport on our last day.

by Josephine (guest)  

... 2010/8/18 19:46
Day trip to Ohara, should we take direct bus or train and bus is better?

From where? Kyoto Station? From Kyoto Station I recommend to travel by subway and bus via Kokusaikaikan to avoid possible bus delays in the city center.

Should we visit Osaka Castle instead of Hikone Castle, we are very disappointed that we cannot visit Himeji castle due to long renovation.

It depends on the person. Osaka is nice and impressive from the outside, but a modern museum on the inside which is disappointing to some travelers.

Hikone Castle is much smaller than Osaka Castle, but it is original on the inside, which makes it more attractive to many castle fans.

But it depends on the person.

Can the following sequence works?
Miyama - Wachi Station - 2 days
Arashiyama - 2 days
Nara - 2 days
Kinosaki Onsen - 2 days
Hiroshima/Miyajima Island - 2 days
Tokyo - 2 days, from Tokyo take train back to Kansai Airport on our last day.

It is difficult to judge because I don't know where you are initially located. The following route would be efficient:

Kinosaki - Miyama - Kyoto (Arashiyama) - Hiroshima - Tokyo - Osaka

By the way, one day should be enough for Arashiyama for the average traveler.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Trip advice in Kyoto 2010/8/19 11:44
Hi Uji

Thank you for your help in advising the route sequence.

We have also try using hyperdia to figure out ourselve, we just cannot make it round trip. You are really a great help in solving our problem.

It is nice for you to explain the castle differenc, we will go for Hikone Castle.

Have a great day........!

by josephine (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread