Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Nara to Kintetsu Nara 2010/8/18 14:48
Which bus can I take to to go from JR NARA Station to Kintetsu Nara Station.
by samsherlyn  

walking 2010/8/18 16:21
You won't need a bus: its about a 2 minute walk only..easy..
by fmj rate this post as useful

Thanks 2010/8/18 17:39
Thanks. Cuz I read that we need 20 mins to walk to Nara park from JR Nara Station.. I will be visiting in Jan next year, was afraid that the weather might be cold/rainy hence needed a bus.

However, thanks for the clarification!
by samsherlyn rate this post as useful

... 2010/8/18 19:27
It is one kilometer or a 15-20 minute walk. All the buses in direction of Todaiji, Kasuga Shrine and the Nara Prefectural Museum will get you there. I believe that almost all of them depart from bus stop number 1 in front of JR Nara Station.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Look at this 2010/8/18 22:32
http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Nara+Ci...

You can see where you have to go from JR Nara to Kintetsunara. The JR lines are the alternate black/white ones.
by RodW rate this post as useful

JR pass 2010/10/21 14:14
Does anyone know if you can use your JR Pass on the buses?

So, if I get off at JR Nara Station, there are buses at the front, will any allow me to use my JR Pass?

Thanks
by ShMiCk rate this post as useful

. 2010/10/21 16:30
No you cannot, the buses are not JR buses.
by ExpressTrain (guest) rate this post as useful

Sure? 2010/10/25 11:15
Sure? I remeber when I was last there, there were buses that had JR on the front but I wasn't sure if I was able to use my JR Train pass on it.

But apparently you can use the JR Pass on any transportation (train, bus, ferry) if it has JR?

Maybe I'm missing something.
by ShMiCk rate this post as useful

.. 2010/10/25 12:49
The bus you ride from JR Nara to Kintestu Nara is run by Nara Kotsu, not JR. You really don't have to take a bus, though. It's a fun 15 minute walk along Sanjo Street, which is lined by shops.
by Tokyonet (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread