Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

omoshiroyama 2010/9/10 13:57
Has anyone been there?
I am going to Yamadera and thot of stopping there on my way back to Sendai.

Need some advice.

1) Is it easy to get lost? I've read a warning somewhere about not doing this alone.

2) Is it easy to walk back to the Omoshiroyama station?
by bakatori  

Depends... 2010/9/10 23:49
If you are going to the ski area, no. you shouldn't get lost. If you are going to Omoshiroyama (面白山) proper, you might get lost as it's almost 3 km as the crow flies to the peak. However, there is a trail that follows a ridge crest to the top. As you exit the station, the trail follows the ridge immediately to the north. There is a 840 meter elevation gain in the 3 km to the top. There is also a longer route (5.4 km) to the southeast which climbs to a saddle to the south of Omoshiroyama, then heads north.

The link below is for an online topographic map of the area.

http://watchizu.gsi.go.jp/watchizu.html?meshcode=57403305

When it opens up, click on the zoom out button (-) (upper right) until you see the 500 m scale in the bottom right. Scroll or slide the map to the north and you will shortly find a valley with a gray and white dashed rail line running up it to the northeast from Yamadera (山寺) to Omoshiroyama-kogen (面白山). Move the map to the northeast so that the crosshairs are centered on the station at Omoshiroyama-kogen and you will be able to see Omoshiroyama (面白山) in the upper right of the map. You can also see the dashed lines that are the trails. At this point you can zoom in (+) and see the area in better detail.

Good luck.
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

thanks but 2010/9/11 12:11
I could not open the link.
by bakatori rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/12 01:42
I didn't have any trouble accessing the webpage, but here is a link to a screen shot of the map.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2gselhz.jpg
by geogeek1 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread