Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Bus numbers? 2010/9/13 22:20
I will be spending 2D1N at hakone. will be staying at Ichinoyu Honkan at Tounosawa. What bus number/alphabet shoud I take from Hakone Yumoto to the hotel?

On the next morning, I will be leaving the hotel and tour Hakone in clockwise direction using the Free Pass.

what bus number to take from my hotel to Moto-Hakone?

Then from Moto-Hakone stroll to Hakone-Machi and take the Hakone sight-seeing boat across Lake Ashi to Togendai. From here, take the Hakone Ropeway to Owakudani then proceed to Sounzan, transfer to Gora using the Tozan Cable car.

From Gora, we intend to visit Gotemba Premium Outlet. what is the direct bus numbers we can take from Gora using the Free Pass?

After that, we will be leaving Gotemba outlet to Shinjuku. Again what bus to take from Outlet to Shinjuku? is it covered by the Free Pass? do I need to make a seat reservation, if yes, where to make?

There are alot of info for hakone, but I can't find much info for the buses in english.

thank you very much for your advice.
by pls help (guest)  

... 2010/9/13 22:43
Here is a bilingual bus map of Hakone:
http://www.hakone-tozanbus.co.jp/images/information/pdf/pdf_1276678622...

Note that the Hakone Free Pass is not valid on Izu Hakone Buses.
by Uji rate this post as useful

a little more queries 2010/9/27 00:33
Thank you Uji, your bus map is extremely useful!!
I’m still a little confuse by the bus from Gotemba outlet to Shinjuku.

Is it a direct bus from Gotemba outlet to Shinjuku or need to take shuttle bus from outlet to interchange then transfer another bus to Shinjuku?

Can I purchase a one-way ticket from outlet to Shinjuku? (Someone advise that Odakyu bus only accept round trip. odakyu-hakonehighway.co.jp/ticket/…outlet.pdf)

Is this part of journey covered by Hakone Free Pass? (someone advise that it is not covered, but I read somewhere that only need to pay supplement)
by please help (guest) rate this post as useful

... 2010/9/27 07:16
Is it a direct bus from Gotemba outlet to Shinjuku or need to take shuttle bus from outlet to interchange then transfer another bus to Shinjuku?

Transportation between the outlets and Shinjuku is explained on the following page:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5213.html

One of the options is the Odakyu Hakone highway bus, which you can catch from Gotemba Station or Tomei Gotemba IC. The Hakone Free Pass does not fully cover the bus ride, but it gives you a big discount, so that you have to pay only 850 yen (instead of 1540 yen).
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread