Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Traveling to Japan from the Philippines 2010/9/14 12:38
Ohayou!

Any people can suggest also :)

Im from the Philippines.

Hey guys, i have a big problem regarding the travel visa going to Japan. I contacted the Japanese embassy here in the Philippines and they say that there are 2 ways of going about applying for a tourist visa. The first way is easier but is more expensive and also very limiting: joining a packagetour, since your tour facilitator will act as your guarantor, there is no need to obtain a Letter of Guarantee. However, you will still need to submit all the other documents like your Income Tax Returns (i don't have problem with this), Bank Certificates (OMG! they say i need atleast $2,500 in my account, what they mean is a ''show money.'' I don't have that kind of money), and Itineraries.

Geez, i only have 1000$ budget, i spent almost a year saving my money T-T, but this is really insane :(

The other option is to go it alone. They actually prefer this method. I can pick my flight schedule, my hotel/hostel, and my itinerary. Unfortunately the Consul Office will be a little bit stricter with my requirements.

So i choose option 2.
Because i think that's the most easiest way.

After a month, WTF? I FAIL. I don't know how.
I ask them, but the representative in Japanese embassy says NEXT (because i'm not the only one applying)
Atleast, they talk to me like - Sir your not qualify to enter Japan, the requirements are not enough and the requirements you need are bla bla bla..

What should i do? T-T

People of the world, give me advice pls.

It's my dream to visit JAPAN since i was 15 years old. Atleast a 3 days vacation would do.

Thank you in advance :)
by Maickel  

Administration can be tedious... 2010/9/15 16:08
Hi, well the first thing to do is actually listen;
"and the requirements you need are bla bla bla.."
That bla bla bla is what you need to know! :)

I don't think there is any quick and eazy fix for this, you just need to follow the procedure I guess. If you can post more specific problems I'm sure you can get more help here.

How's your budget plan for $1000?
by Bjorn (guest) rate this post as useful

hello 2010/9/15 16:53
My budget is 1000$, so the cover of that if ever is itinerary, hotel and food only.

So, i guess i'll just walk all around to tokyo, is that possible? :)

Well, i'm a gym instructor and physically fit :)

Bro, the representative in the embassy didn't talk to me like that i mean the bla bla bla thing.

I wanted to ask him, but he insist the word NEXT.

I think he thinks about no question anymore and move you #ss here.

What should i do?
by Maickel rate this post as useful

um 2010/9/15 19:48
save up 2500 dollars.
you are not qualified to enter japan, simple as that.

tour or 2500 dollars, you have your answer, stop looking for one that doesnt exist.

sorry to be harsh, but japans economy is so great because we set a high standard, if you cant meet the standard exceptions are not made.

i wish you all the best of luck at saving up 2500 dollars.
by zuoteng rate this post as useful

. 2010/9/15 20:35
Perhaps you can try to call the embassy? Maybe the person you met was too busy, but someone might give you a reason over phone?

If they still won't help you, i guess you will have to look over the requirements again and try to think about what you don't fulfil (yet).
by Sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

thanks 2010/9/16 07:24
Thanks for suggestion guys, i'll try it again.
by Maickel rate this post as useful

reply to this thread