Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hokkaido Advice 2010/9/24 10:05
Hi Readers,

Planning a Free & Easy trip around Sapporo in December and have few queries if someone could help to clarify (thanks in advance) : -

(1) in terms of transport convenience (not driving), cost & kids-friendly, which ski resort should I use : Niseiko, Kiroro or Rutsusu?

(2) Is Lake Toya worth stopping by to have a look? If yes, is it near any train station as we have to store our luggages somewhere?

(3) Are all train stations equip with luggage storage lockers? If yes, approx how much for a bigger-than-cabin luggage?

(4) for temp between -5degree to 10 degree (I think for places like Sapporo, Otaru, ski resort, Noboribetsu & Hakodate), how many layers of clothings we need? Would thermal, fleece & down feathers jacket be sufficient?

Thanks for your patience in answering to my few questions.

Cheers!
by Jinnie (guest)  

Rusutsu 2010/9/24 19:11
I can answer a few of your questions.

I took a bus from the airport to Rusutsu a few years ago. It was about a 2 hour ride. I think they have a JR train station, but trains are pretty limited to that area and may take a while to reach.

I didn't see much around Lake Toya because it was fogged up when I went, but it is mostly a bunch of onsen hotels at the lake. I stayed at the top of the hill at Windsor Hotel.

I don't think every train station has a locker, so you have to call or research more on that. You can probably store luggage at the hotel you stay at in their cloak room.

I wore only wear a t-shirt, sweatshirt, and jacket, but most people wear thermals, so I think that maybe a good idea.
by MikeTI rate this post as useful

reply to this thread