Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best option to move around in Tokyo 2010/10/2 22:41
Hi everyone!
I have a quick question.
I'll be staying in Tokyo for about 6 weeks for study.
I'll be staying near the kita ikebukuro station and I'll have to go to the Yamanote line, Takadanobaba Station daily and then from there I'll move to other zones of Tokyo. So my question is: Would the Suica or Pasmo card be the best option or is it better to get an all day ticket everyday to use all subway lines? Which one would be cheaper?
My budget is between low and middle.

Thanks for your kind assistance.
by shezaei_neko (guest)  

kaisuken(a coupon ticket) 2010/10/3 22:02
Railway service in Tokyo is operated by many conpanies : Metro, JR and many other private railway companies. There is no all-day ticket that covers all lines.
Using Suica or Pasmo is most convenient, I think.
But if you want to save some money, you can buy kaisuken(coupon tickets).
A kaisuken is a set of 11 tickets and the price is equal to that of 10 tickets.
by japanboy (guest) rate this post as useful

TEIKI with suica is the best 2010/10/3 23:30
I think suica is better, because we don't have any cheaper way to move and suica is really useful when you change train.

Or if you are a student at Japanese school, I recommend you to buy TEIKI(pass).
TEIKI is super cheap ticket for student, and it can discount about 30 percent between your nearest station and school station.
You have to care you can't to go over from this area with TEIKI, so if you want to you must pay that over cost.

by hamakko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread