Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Electrical plug adaptors 2010/10/3 07:35
Wanted to thank those who helped me with my trip details. We are leaving next week and I feel better prepared than I ever have before.

One last question before I leave-has anyone bought the plug adaptor needed in Japan for USA elctronics at the airport? I need it for my cell phone and camera chargers. I had one but can't find it and when I went to buy one today - they only carried a set of 4 for the whole world! I have the others and only need the one for Japan. TIA
by Tess C  

Probably not needed 2010/10/3 17:26
When I went to Japan I plugged my US iPhone charger directly into the Japanese plugs. As long as your charger is a 2 prong and not a 3 prong you should be okay, at least for things like cell phones and cameras. Japan uses a two prong outlet, but their voltage is slightly slower (100) compared to the US (110).
by sophielynette rate this post as useful

easy 2010/10/3 18:13
We had problems with the adaptors we brought from Australia: we had 3 pronged adaptors but the hotel only had 2 pronged outlets. The convenience shop in the hotel had adaptors at only a few $ cost..no problems
by fmj rate this post as useful

three prongs 2010/10/3 21:29
Thanks, both the cell phone and camera chargers have three prongs-guess that means they are grounded? Looks like I'll need to buy an adapter as soon as I get to Japan. With so many shops in the airport-I hope to find one quickly.
by Tess C rate this post as useful

reply to this thread